Cloning AutoFlower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning AutoFlower

Im growing Bubble Kush Automatic and they're in the third week of growth and I was wondering when a good time to start cloning them. Also when you do clone them any idea of the light schedule? We can skip how to do the cloning (cutting/planting). Just wanted to see what people say or have done.

Im still new to growing and have only worked with photos so far. But im pretty sure the clones wouldnt have enough time to recover and produce as much as the original plant would. The reasoning for that is because autos are on a set biological clock once sprouted, unlike photos which use light change to switch to flower. If you were to clone I'd imagine it takes at least 1-2 weeks for them to prpduce new roots, so thats 4-5 weeks. Which leaves about another 8 weeks of growing left, only two of which are going to be veg. Like i said, im still new to growing and have never worked with autos. So i would love to hear what a more experienced grower thinks. Happy growing man

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Jack, that's a good explanation. The clones will be the same age as the donor,.

Thanks DAAS, i wasnt 100% so i appreciate you giving your opinion. I think i remember reading something about it in nebula's tutorials

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome, just ain't enough time for autos, unless you know some tricks.lol

I think you guys are right - yes, good explanation Jackf21792 .
    I grow autos and they have such a short growth period, I wouldn't bother cloning. Unless one can't afford expensive seeds, then sure try cloning.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Danny Danko says you can't clone autos. Cuz they won't stay in a vegetative state, they will flower no matter what you try. He says if you do try to clone them you will end up with "tiny, popsicle-sized plants with small flowers that won't produce much more than an eighth of an ounce or less." I check him out every month in High Times.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X