Hydro with SCOG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro with SCOG.

I've spent 2 days researching online, and cant find an answer (even in "The Cannabis Grow Bible" by Greg Green). Most grateful if you would educate me....
    I have 2 DWC bubble buckets and everything is going great. Now I am considering 2 more, and i want to use a SCROG. My question is: how do i change out the reservoir if there is a screen on top?
    Right now I just set up another bucket, with nutes and air stones and move the bucket top and plants into the new bucket.. With Screen of Green, I wont be able to do that once the plants are established. How do you change yours?
    Thank you !

Curious about this as well

Comment

Hahahahaha. I only larf brcause i had the same question I scrog with dwc. U need an external res my res is outside the tent or a drain and fill ports for your res
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Some use a siphon or pump to suck the water out, or install GH Hydrofarm tank level indicators and use them as drains. It will help if you can raise your buckets off the floor a little if you siphon.

Alternatively, you could preserve mobility if you attach your support apparatus to your bucket lid, and keep them individual. I stick adhesive hookies to my lid and use soft wire ties to bend my branches down, and then improvise a tomato cage out of long bamboo skewers. It works well for me. I hate not being able to move plants for trimming and defoliating. I might set them on lazy susans.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          You're very welcome. Have fun designing your setup, that's half the fun.

• TheGreenGiggler
          TheGreenGiggler commented
          Editing a comment
          @ dingus, mind if I borrow your lazy Susan idea? There has to be a reasonable marketable design concept there!

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Please do!

Since it would be silly to install a light mover in my 2x4 tent, I thought I could do something like set the plants on lazy susans, and then figure out a way to belt them together, and attach the belt to something that would slowly turn the plants like a rotisserie chicken thing, maybe even attaching an arm to the oscillating fan to get them to turn this way, then that...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X