Nutrients in Bubbleponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients in Bubbleponics

Hello all! I read the Bubbleponics turorial on the site and got to thinking: if I were to grow 2 plants instead of one out of a single Bubbleponics setup, how, or would, that change the nutrient schedule or ratios? Should I double the amount of nutes I give my plants? Should I change the water more frequently with the same ratio of nutes I would use for one plant? I could not find the answer, so thought I must ask!

Thank you all in advance.

S.

Schedule, ratio, and concentration stay the same. It will get depleted more often, though, when the plants get bigger. So for example at week 6 you might have to add more nutes after just 3 days. You can get around that to some extent by increasing concentration, but at the risk of burning the plant.

If you double the size of the reservoir (eg 10 g instead of 5) that's not a problem, and you should do that so the res doesn't get choked with roots. A too-small reservoir is a misery! Poor circulation and very unstable pH and you have to top it off all the time!

You should absolutely buy a PPM meter and a pH meter with calibration fluid and use them daily if you are going to push the limits. (You should buy them anyway.)

HTH...

Comment

Howdy Jonathan Strange, I am growing five plants in one reservoir and four in the other. They (the reservoirs) are both 10 gallon totes using six gallons each. The only difference between two or five plants is the amount of nutrient water mix consumed per feeding cycle. My current grow is entering mid bloom now and one reservoir is consuming three gallons by mid week and the other is consuming 2 1/2 gallons for the same period.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks for the info, both of you. Several great things to think about here.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by DW2 View Post
          Howdy Jonathan Strange, I am growing five plants in one reservoir and four in the other. They (the reservoirs) are both 10 gallon totes using six gallons each. The only difference between two or five plants is the amount of nutrient water mix consumed per feeding cycle. My current grow is entering mid bloom now and one reservoir is consuming three gallons by mid week and the other is consuming 2 1/2 gallons for the same period.
          One of the best things about DWC is the amazing roots that develop, but I have seen the roots from just a 16" tall dwarf start to choke a 3 gallon reservoir. Adding a circulation pump, keeping the temps low, and adding some HydroGuard (beneficial bacteria) can all help to keep things rocking along with no weirdness. (Weekly reservoir changes too.) Being lucky helps too. In any case, soil/coco/hydro, I like to give a plant lots of room for its roots. You can grow in small containers--people grow whole plants in beer cups--but it's easier and the plant is usually bigger and healthier with lots of foot room.

Growing is easier when you don't push the limits, and I like easy.
          Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 01-27-2018, 05:41 PM. Reason: More

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X