King Plus LED Grow Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Plus LED Grow Lights

For my first grow I'm going to use CFL but want to switch to LED down the road. I've been looking at many brands and need some help so I don't waste money on junk. My future grow space will be about 10 sq feet and 60" tall. The king plus led's are in my price range but are they good lights? So my questions are, does anyone use King Plus and have an opinion about them?

What size should I get, 600w 1000w 1200w? They range in price from 85.00 - 150.00 or so and that is about what I can comfortably afford. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Viparspectra
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

How big a tent? How many plants? How long you wanna veg? All of that matters more than brand.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Originally posted by DingusKhan View Post
        How big a tent? How many plants? How long you wanna veg? All of that matters more than brand.
        Tent/Crate is 39"x39"x60". # of Plants, 3 or 4 at the most. For veg time I'm not sure, I'm retired so not in a big hurry, have lots of time on my hands. lol
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lots of us older growers on here Uncledoug ,you are going to love this forum. as far as lights go I use hps supplemented with leds ,with hps 2 600 will do better than 1 1000, not sure about leds , I use strictly leds in my auto room In there I have 6 300 watt leds they seem to work fine

Happy to hear there are other older folks here, and I already really like this place. Thank you for the info. Once I get set up I'll post about how my 1st grow is going.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Uncle Doug, yeah, plenty of old timers on here, can't wait to see your
          grow. That light your looking at ,will do
          perfect. You try to have from 40-60 or more watts per square foot of space.

Thanks D.A.A.S. I appreciate your help. Hoping to up and growing in February.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds good UncleDoug, you gonna have a hellava lot of fun.

I'm not THAT old, but I feel it. I never thought I would love gardening, but wow. Next I'll put on some Lawrence Welk.

Welcome UncleDoug, this is the chillest buncha stoners you'll find on the internet. I just started growing a year ago, and already I feel like I'm not clueless, and can even occasionally help a brother out. I know you'll love it too.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          LawrenceWelk, man you old as hell, jus kiddn, I member, that a one an a two, I was born in 51.

Thanks for the welcome Dingus, when I was a kid my mom watched that show every week, I suffered through it. lol
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too. I still don't get why my korean immigrant dad liked it so much. I was like 5.

I'm using the viparspectra reflector 600 and a bloomspect 600 I'm really digging on the bloomspect over the viparspectra, not just because I got it for under $100. I run both lights in a 3x3x5 tent. I think the bloomspect is a bit pricer than the kingplus, but I can almost guarantee you'll be happier with the bloomspect or a viparspectra.

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the help Walter I'll check out the bloomspect 600 also.

I have a 3’*3’*6’ tent with a 600w Morsen led and a 800w king plus , on standby for flowering I have another 1000w morsen and a 1000w king plus, I’m looking forward to having at least another one In the tent for the flowers ... last Grow only had the 600w and 1000w morsens and I think I could have had more light

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          hey Cober welcome to the forum like that sun set where are you from, that sounds like a shit load of light for such a small tent ,I would think that one of those lights would be enough there does come a point where adding more light is a waste , or do you have more than one tent ?

It’s hard to say man, I think through flowering they can take a lot of light. I only used the two lights last Grow and got 4oz from 2 plants . They never suffered light burning , so why not test the limits.... LED light is a lot weaker than advertised .... Thanks for the welcome!!!! The avatar pic is from a friend , it was taken in Florida lol , I am from Canada , you can call em an Ice Mexican lmao

Comment

I won’t add them all at once and I only add when they look stretchy , I may not need them all in the end your right.

Comment

Originally posted by CoberBrandon View Post
            It’s hard to say man, I think through flowering they can take a lot of light. I only used the two lights last Grow and got 4oz from 2 plants . They never suffered light burning , so why not test the limits.... LED light is a lot weaker than advertised .... Thanks for the welcome!!!! The avatar pic is from a friend , it was taken in Florida lol , I am from Canada , you can call em an Ice Mexican lmao
            You can check the advertised flux on eBay or Amazon's product site. It's usually in a picture form with different distance's listed with numbers in a circle. From what I've seen 1000-1500 u/moles sec without co2 is what you want to shoot for with LEDs. Most of the companies put out that chart, the ones that don't, I would stay away from.
            I run 2 600w LEDs in a 3x3 at 18". It puts me right at 1200 m/moles sec avg through the entire canopy.

Comment

That chart is usually incorrect. I go by lux and I’ve got a LED Lux meter to help me with it , at Veg I like 70,000 max and at flower you can push to 90,000lux especially having 4 plants.

Comment

But you have to watch the plants and know when to step up the light

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X