buds smell like hay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buds smell like hay

today i went to my place where i store my buds in mason jars and i opened 2 that smells like hay. so i ordered me some 62% boveda packs to help rehydrate them. is there anything else i can try to save my bud? i feel so dumb for letting this happen. Peace

Those bovedas seem like a no brained to me they aren’t expensive compared to what was spent growing the bud in time and money. Last time I was at the dispensary I noticed they have them in all of their jars too
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Spray them with a little water, to aid the boveda in rehydration

Comment

If your buds small like hay they typically are still green(ish) and need to have moisture removed. I would take the buds out of those jars and dry them loosely on a cookie sheet. After several days you can put them in with a boveda. Boveda packs can raise or lower moisture levels a little bit from above or below the 62 percent target but too dry or too wet cant be remedied. I have used them for a long time and they work well for what they are intended.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Sounds to me like you put them in the jars when they were not dry enough yet.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

There isn't a harvest that goes by when my freshly cut buds smell like a bunch of hay laying on a fresh cut lawn!
            After drying and getting ready to cure... the hay/fresh lawn smell diminishes and then the sweet ripe smells of bud heaven start shinning through like magic.
            Current Grow #16: White Widow Germinated Jan 2019
            10x10 Laboratory
            FloraNova in Recirculating Hydro
            T5HO White/Blue for Veg - 600 HPS + T5HO Red for flower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X