No announcement yet.

My first grow: Gorilla Glue #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for the absence. Work, life and skiing keeping me away from the computer (not a bad thing)....

Week6 flower: Temps 70-80, RH% 70+ so I got a small dehumidifier and added to the room the tent was in, reducing to ~60%. Lights at 18", 100% r/b/w dials. Fed 2.75g of GH "late bloom" mix twice this week, watered once.

Aphids were still an issue on some of the branches, sprayed foliage with AzaMax solution on days 37, 40, 42 and pulled a bunch of leaves. Did a 10mL/g (2gals total) AzaMax drench for my watering, forgot to check pH though :\ Noticed some nute burn at beginning of week, so I reduced the 2nd feeding to half strength. Ordered B-care Sweet Raw and added to my waterings. Last day of week 6 (day42) I decided to start her flush since I had to chop her by day 66 (weeklong vacation to California).

Buds were certainly getting chunkier, all pistils were brown by now. Super funky smells now, the carbon filter stood no chance. My red bloom light, which had a narrow-ish beam, was visably ripening the center colas it was hitting a little faster than the outers. Moved it up a bit more, but no real concern.
    3'x3'x6' tent
    450PAR (210 draw) 12-band LED
    38PAR (26draw) Red Bloom LED
    Coco in 7gal Smart Pot
    LST, topped and SCROG'd
    Gen. Hydroponics trio nutes
    Botanicare cal-mag and Sweet Raw

First Grow: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...gorilla-glue-4

Comment

Week7 flower: Temps 73-78F, RH 52-60% thanks to dehumidifier added outside of tent. Moved lights up 2" to ~20" and turned off red bloom light since some center colas looked to be bleaching (or ripening too quickly) as a result of their extra exposure). Done with nutes, except for adding GH SweetRaw to my ph water (2.6g watering every 3 days). Saw some tips that looked a bit like nute burn, but not worried since I was going to flush soon. Last day of week7 (flower day49) the fans looked a bit lighter green in color, the start of the fade!? Some of the more ripe buds began to show some purples (thanks to LED I believe)!

Still dealing with aphids on lower branches and fan leaves Sprayed AzaMax solution on buggy stems and under almost all leaves, which kept them at bay. At this point though, I had flown the 747 across the ocean and it was just time to put her down gently... if that makes any sense
      3'x3'x6' tent
      Coco in 7gal Smart Pot
      LST, topped and SCROG'd

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking frosty and delicious! How is the smell?
        Are you counting flower weeks from the flip to 12/12 or from the first sign of pistils? Just want to be able to compare development with mine.
        What is your harvest day expectations? - thinking about Nute transition issues myself...
        Damn aphids...

• FishCityFunk
        FishCityFunk commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Campesino , I don't have it in my notes for that week, but the fuel smell was pretty strong, and my carbon filter was able to do a better job once I got the RH down from 70+. Flower weeks/day#s start at the flip, yes. Having spoken to a buddy who has grown GG4 many times I was aiming for 65-75 days of flower before the chop. Unfortunately I had a weeklong vacation in dreary San Diego that mandated my harvest happen at day66 so I could get them in jars and to a buddy to start the drying/curing process while away. I have 2-3 more posts and my journal will be complete.

Looking at your GG4s and I see your pistils have yet to darken. Looking back at my pics I see that between days 29-33 of flower my pistils went amber (almost all of them). I'd say that is the main difference from mine to yours, other than you managed the stretch perfectly, have way more bud sites and fuller looking early flowers! My early maturation might have something to do with my bloom light, which I'm not 100% sure I'd use again.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        FishCityFunk
        I find it so hard to remember that reading your journal is looking into the past - please take no offense
        Thanks for your complements!
        Yes, all my Pistils are still very white at the end of Flower day 37. I think I am pretty much on schedule, and am sure to use a scope to check trichomes before chopping. I have been concerned about timelines the last few days as I am starting my next run in a humidity dome and sort of need the timing to work out well between the two runs. But I am already popping those seeds, so at this point its just wait and hope and see.
        Looking forward to your final few posts!

FishCityFunk_ I just finished a grow and had one strain ( Wonder Dawg) that looked very similar to your Gorilla Glue #4_ same purple looking buds but mostly greenish leaves.
      Cheers for an awesome harvest! Hope the aphids don't get your girls. Looks like they should be ready soon.
      Photo attached of the Wonder Dawg.
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Right now I'm into week three of growing a strain that has some Gorilla Glue genetics_ Its named "Glueberry OG"_ Gorilla Glue, Blueberry and OG Kush.
        Looking forward to this one for sure!
        Cheers to all at GWE!
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Jason
          Jason commented
          Editing a comment
          I harvested a two Blue Glue, Blueberry + Gorilla Glue, a couple of weeks ago. Very good results.

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          Jason_ Good to know.... Now I'm gonna be even more anxious to see how they turn out! Three of my favorites_ GG, OG and Blue berry_ all in one. Can't wait_ thanks for the encouraging words.

Week8 flower (days 50-56 of flower): Temps 75-78, RH50-56%, lights @ 18-20". Because of aphids I did a 12mL/gal strength AzaMax flush (2.75g) on day52. Watered (pHd spring water for flush) on days 54 and 56. Leaves starting to show some fade and buds getting a bit more purple. Defoliated between colas to increase airflow and light to lower branches.
        3'x3'x6' tent
        Coco in 7gal Smart Pot
        LST, topped and SCROG'd

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautifully purple!

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta love that color. I'm a fan of purple buds too. I don't know why but it seems that the strains that Ive grown with genetic purple colors also have very dense buds.
          Looks like yours are going to be too. Very nice. If you want to try another knock out "purple" strain think about trying Ayahuasca Purple. Its killer too. Bet you're getting anxious to harvest_ gonna be pretty soon!

It was entertaining to go over your grow as you pointed out we have a similar setup and wow beautiful buds didn't know gg#4 got so purple

Comment

Okay folks, sorry for the wait. Two more posts and the journey will be properly memorialized.

Week9 flower: Keeping her comfy and flushing every 2-3 days with 1.5-2g of pH'd spring water. Temps 70-82F, RH 42-68%. Had to chop a small cola, trim and bring to a beach weekend with the guys. No, we didn't smoke it (would've been grassy) and yes someone did take it home and let it mold (my fault for not giving care instructions). Either way, the stress/enjoyment of daily maintenance was coming to an end, but the anxiety of harvest, dry/trim and cure was looming, especially since I was going away for a week on day70 of flower!

Welp, take a look. The pictures speak for themselves. I'll post the chop/dry/cure later tonight if I don't get too... ahem... comfortable after my post-dinner sesh
          3'x3'x6' tent
          Coco in 7gal Smart Pot
          LST, topped and SCROG'd

Comment

If you haven't left yet or haven't decide what to do while you're gone this is what I have done in similar situations_ If they are ready to harvest and dry and I'm going to be gone for 5-7 days I water them well the night before I take them down. Then I remove all the fan halves and any secondary leaves and cut the branches off at the base where they join the "trunk". This keeps them from drying too fast and they should be ready to cure when you get back. But this schedule works for me because I have dried and cured about 6 times in the same room and know that if I keep the humidity in the 50% range and the temp in the 68-72 range that it takes 5-7 days to dry just right.When I hang them I make sure they don't touch and never had problem with mold.I also have a fan aimed at the opposite wall, turned on low, just enough to keep a little air circulating in the room. If I have to leave before they are ready to come down then I water them very well before I leave. If they are in 5-7 gallon pots then they won't start to dry until the 3-4th day and if they don't get any water after that for a few days before harvest then they will dry a little faster when you get back and cure once they are ready. I also have a gravity feed watering system that I can set up that drips water into the pots 4x day_ about 32 oz.total which lasts about 7 days for 5 plants. Like a constant drip system does. They just drain into the buckets and out the bottom. Whatever you do i hope everything works out and you don't stress about it while your out of town!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X