transplanting troubles!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transplanting troubles!!!!

I was stupid and now I have 8 plants in half litre pot and now they are a week old I don't know how I'm going to transplant them later with hurting or killing them plsssss help!!!

In the same pot?

Option 1) Seperate them when they are as young as possible trying not to hurt the roots!

Option 2) Take your chances of them in the same pot, but its 1/2 L pot divided by 8 for root space....

Option 3) Thin them out...

I would personally go for option 1.... but thats me..

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

If you want to keep all eight plants, then you'll have to carefully excavate them from the soil. You should be able to extract the entire plant safely if they're just a week old. Afterwards, gently transplant them into an appropriately sized pot. Also, this part is optional, but if you go to the local hydro shop you can buy some b-vitamins which help to reduce transplant stress.

Comment

Originally posted by Therocketsurgeon View Post
        If you want to keep all eight plants, then you'll have to carefully excavate them from the soil. You should be able to extract the entire plant safely if they're just a week old. Afterwards, gently transplant them into an appropriately sized pot. Also, this part is optional, but if you go to the local hydro shop you can buy some b-vitamins which help to reduce transplant stress.
        Yes I want to keep all the plants until I get to know their sex because they were germinated from bag seeds from a sativa landrace , I wasn't planning on growing at all so just out of curiosity I just put a bunch of seeds into the pot n they started growing really fast and these plants r just ten days now and now I'm too afraid to do anything because this is like my first grow and I really don't wanna kill em

Comment

• Therocketsurgeon
          Therocketsurgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow you really put them close together. I had thought that you scattered them evenly around the pot. Well if you have enough confidence try to transplant. You may lose half, but you'll still have four to work with

I finally did it in the morning....My plan is to micro grow outside so This will be their final transplant and because these are a sativa landrace(Indian) this will be a challenge as they tend to grow up to 12 feet without any kind of nutes , just good sun and water. Im already doing 10-14 light cycle (I heard that Sativa's need more dark period to induce the flowering ) from seeds .....Plsssss any and all suggestions are welcome I'll keep posting pics . Thank you

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Start a journal on the Main Forum to post updates! I've gotta see this and you'll pick up other subscribers who will offer advice the whole way through. You don't want to keep them in the "Sick plants" forum the whole time!

Originally posted by Qwertywill View Post
        In the same pot?

Option 1) Seperate them when they are as young as possible trying not to hurt the roots!

Option 2) Take your chances of them in the same pot, but its 1/2 L pot divided by 8 for root space....

Option 3) Thin them out...

I would personally go for option 1.... but thats me..
        Hey I went with option 1 , I carefully seperated each plant and I believe I didn't hurt any of the roots . I made like a cross section into the soil and it was easy to transplant , I just hope they all survive .... Thank you I'll keep updating and posting pics

Comment

Originally posted by lol View Post

Hey I went with option 1 , I carefully seperated each plant and I believe I didn't hurt any of the roots . I made like a cross section into the soil and it was easy to transplant , I just hope they all survive .... Thank you I'll keep updating and posting pics
          Best of luck!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-same-0-5l-pot hey guys I'll keep updating it here like campesino suggested

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X