Making the flip today! I'm so scared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the flip today! I'm so scared!

I've read tons of articles and I'm afraid to ruin all my time and efforts(not to mention the money from indoor). Ease my mind with your tips and main things to focus on, please!

Don’t be scared, live and learn! Got any pics?
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm too self conscious! D:

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      To self conscious to post pics? Don’t be! This is the place to do it. If they don’t look great you will only receive advice to make them better. I have yet to see anything more than constructive criticism here!
      Last edited by BlueBudz; 01-18-2018, 06:53 PM.

I just flipped my first plants 3 weeks ago. It's so cool how the flowers form. you will think nothing is happening then BAM! flowers

I just listened to a guy say this about the flip....

--1st, 24 hrs of light
    --then 36 hrs darkness
    --then flip to 12/12

This is supposed to speed the transition. I have no idea if this works but I'm going to try it on my next photo grow.

Grow Boss, btw, where the info came from

also, I learned from folks in this forum to let the pots get bone dry before watering. When you water them they will take off after each water

good luck
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I havn't heard about 36 hrs. dark before you flip to 12/12. I do the 36 hrs dark before I harvest to increase trichomes. There are no trichomes to increase before 12/12.

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no idea except what I read about it. No one has said whether this particular method is good or bad. Grow Boss has some decent info, especially about nutrients.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I like GrowBoss (almost as much as I like GWE). He gives good info, very concise and logically presented. Some may find him a little belligerent, but they say that about me too.

Agreed with longer darkness period, it speeds things along!

Comment

I remember my first! I read all the articles. I found the GWE website. I sweated all the details. And I was scared! I hovered over my girls for 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 6 minutes, and 37 seconds.

Almost 2 years later, it has become so routine and so easy. I don't have to think twice about what I'm doing. So I'm always working on improvements and trying different things. (My new thing is coco coir.) If I have issues, questions, concerns, thoughts...I come to this forum. Occasionally I add my 2 cents to posts.

Eventually, it all pays off and you will relax a bit, too.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

One thing to keep in mind when you flip is. Be sure to check your time first. For example, if you put them in the tent at 8 pm. You have to be there to open the tent at 8 am. Just saying.

Comment

Best advice I can give u is no light leeks during night time....!

Comment

To directly respond to your fear of going through the transition: If you don't flip, your plant will NEVER make buds. Just think on that for a minute.

No buds. Ever. Unless you drag yourself to that nasty awful expensive dispensary where that dumb stoner will explain that "indicas will put you in-da-couch".

Or, you could flip a switch and learn to activate your own endless supply of fresh, organic, perfect, pot.
            Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• TheGreenGiggler
              TheGreenGiggler commented
              Editing a comment
              I would prefer not to be in da couch.... the popcorn in there is so old....

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              You got this, bruh. Just read through the great advice you're getting from the responses to this thread.

Also read through some other journals, like Cronk and Cocho and @OldJarHead have grows in process, they just flipped a couple weeks ago, you can see what you're in for.

And they're funny as shit too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X