Help. Little brown holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help. Little brown holes

hello, me again. I recently made a post about possible bug infestation. I still have not found any evidence of thrips. But I have noticed recently little brown holes appearing on some of my fan leaves. I'm not sure on why it could be. I ph my water at 6.7 and am currently feeding fox farms big bloom and grow big. (Sticking to feeding regimens). My plant is about a month in a half old almost two months. Can anybody tell me what it might be
    (Zoom in on first picture to see holes)
    lights: 4x 105w cfl 6500k

Hey 302, might be old bites, I know one thing you can grow some monsters bending them over like that outdoors sometimes.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Doesn't really look like mites
      Are the spots only on a few leaves? Did they show up suddenly? Are they getting worse... growing/spreading?

Comment

Do you have any drain holes in that pot dude?
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Yes sir I do in fact I kind of got a split down the center of the pot while making the holes. Plant doesn't show any signs of wilting. And yes the spots are only on a several small leaves. And I'm not sure exactly if suddenly by t seems so. One day I was just looking at my leaves and saw a few small brown holes and small white specks ( seeing less of) I thought it might be thrips because of specs but can't find any type of bug itself. Also i would say it is slowly getting worse. (Not at an alarming rate but few by few they are getting brown spots. I will take an updated picture when the lights turn on

update: doesn't look too bad but still am noticing small progression
          Last edited by Growmax302; 01-19-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              I am now with similar problem that I think is aphids. If you take more pics please include the underside of leaves. Looking at those pics has me thinking more pest than deficiency/toxicity.

Are aphids common on indoor grows? Also I heard those little suckers are much smaller then thrips and harder to spot. But I will post update pics of underside of leaves tomorrow morning.

update to previous post: I defoliated a small bit and ended up also snipping most of the leaves with those spots out. A day later I don't see any new leaves with spots which leads me to believe it isn't bugs? (They would have eaten new leaves by now right) also not sure if it's relevant or not but a few leaves have the tiniest bit of tip browning. ( the very very edge of the tip)(also isn't even brown just looks like a deficiency of some sort on a small scale)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              If it's aphids, you can see them easily, mites make little holes in your leaves an you can't see them hardly at all.

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Aphids are common, ubiquitous pests. They are less problematic than other leaf sucking parasites, but probably more common.
              Waiting for underside leaf pics to really determine if your issue is parasite or nutrient. I will say, your problem does not seem particularly terrible and you seem to be right on top of it.

D.a.a.s did you look at the updated pictures I took? What does it look like to you?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey 302. , nothin to worry about, unless it keeps getting worse, Could be as simple as needs some cal-mag.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't see anything to be worried about.
              Stay vigilant and if it gets worse snap some pics and we'll see.

The underside of what leaves that are affected left.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning 302, like I said earlier, nothin to worry about. Just keep an eye on your plants.

Thanks for all the help you guys

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X