Converting from Vegatative to Flowering with Light Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting from Vegatative to Flowering with Light Issues

My plants are now 14 weeks ..and very healthy looking. I have had them on a 18/6 hour lighting schedule, using a 140W CFL and 2 x 20W CFL's....all good so far.
    Now I want to take them into Flowering, and although i know the best for that would be 12/12 Light/Dark...for location reasons, I cannot achieve this balance..
    What i am able to do is around 6 to 7 hours dark...and 17 to 18 natural light.

Questions :
    Will this do...will they flower like this.....?
    Will this light/dark schedule cause hermies/bananas to grow...?

Any advise/info would be appreciated....since I have looked after the plants so well up to now...and dont want to damage them in any way...?

Any pics? They help us see more than you could ever describe.
    Do you know what strain or where you got the plants?

After 14 weeks of growing, showing no buds yet, I'm gonna say you have photoperiod strain(s). Meaning that your plants WILL NEED at least 12 hours of darkness in order to hormonally signal to flower.

Its waiting for the signal to release hormones to initiate fruiting/budding. It's the 12hours of darkness that is most important.

Either move the plant to somewhere darker for "night" or you can cover it up with a physical light blocking layer like a blanket, tarp or sheet. Outdoor growers employ this covering trick to keep darkness periods long enough to support budding.

Best of luck! Ask questions. Pictures help too

Comment

You said your plants are 14weeks so that's means there photos not autos and they will not flower without 12 hours of darkness

Comment

Cover them up with a tarp, that's what I use outdoors. No problems. They will not flower unless in the dark 12 hours.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

If they are autoflowering plants it will work. If they are photo plants it will not work. If you can not provide 12 hours of total darkness, simply grow autos.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X