Does anyone use Promix BX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use Promix BX?

Just wondering if anyone uses this product to grow? I find information to be minimal about it on here. The hydro store sold it to me as if there was no other soilless option as good. But if it was good wouldn’t many others use it?
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Promix is peat moss (basically). I have had a couple grows in peat and I found it difficult to manage my watering due to the amount of water peat holds, and the lack off peat's ability to spread the water throughout the pot. So I recommend you use at least 1/3 perlite by volume (maybe more) to help the roots breath. Also, a wetting agent like RAW Yucca will help saturate dry spots in the pot.

I have moved over to coco, which is much easier to grow in over all, but there is nothing wrong with promix.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey Flockshot would you go over how you give the coco a megga dose of calmag

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      I use bricks of coco, and to hydrate each brick I put in a gallon of water with 10 ml of cal-mag and let it set over night to saturate the brick completely. Once it is hydrated I rinse each brick worth of coco with 5 gallons of calmag water (PH't of course) that has 10 ml of calmag per gallon.
      All I am trying to do is satisfy the calcium needs of the coco so that it will not compete with my plants. I had calcium deficiencies when I started with coco and this is how I solved the problem.
      Calcium deficiencies are very common in coco coir and there is a lot of information available. I started with the tutorials on this site and researched other sources as well.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Flockshot I will have to try that

Evening BB, nothin wrong with ProMix, if you add lot of perlite, but it ain't as easy to grow in as coco. Feed every day some if you want to, plants grow much faster in coco.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Think I should go coco next grow? I need to buy stuff anyway

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you need to try coco.

I'll be using the organic kind or sunshine mix when I do my super soil.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X