Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you do a perpetual harvest set-up using dwc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you do a perpetual harvest set-up using dwc?

If so how many tents and how would the cycles look?

Depends. If you are using photos, you would need 2 tents. Autos 1 or more tents depending on how many plants you are growing. It's no different than setting up a perpetual grow for soil except that you need buckets nutrients lights air pumps and stones. The advantage of using 2 tents for photos is that you can use weaker lights for the veg tent. The advantage of using autos is you can put them in the tent whenever.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Sure.In a 2x4 tent, you could run 3 autos in 5 gallon buckets, starting one every 30 days. Or like Madman said, have 2 areas, a veg and bloom.You could reasonably grow 2-6 oz per month.

And I think the faster veg growth makes DWC ideal for autos once you get it figured out. Much faster growth.
      Last edited by DingusKhan; 01-22-2018, 12:07 AM.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

thanks guys this gave me an idea for my shopping list. I guess i should grow autos for now till i can buy 2 tents

Comment

I've looked at this and found that if a constant supply and yield are your goal.
          A Harvest every 30 days with 3 spaces plus a clone station is the most efficient.
          One veg 18/6, one transition flower space 12/12, and a near harvest flower space on the opposite 12 hour schedule.
          This way only two lights are running at a time one in veg and one in flower. This helps controls your heat and air temp.

You will also save on electric this way. Also consider the current you will draw from your circuit breaker.

Remember hydro water temps must be controlled to avoid root rot Pythium, using a cooler is advisable in warm climates.

I have an obnoxious video to share with you that will explain the rotation and all the variables to getting the most yield from your resources using the the one, two and 3 space system, you don't need 3 tents you just need 3 spaces. 3 tents is an ideal.

You can start at 20:30 minute mark but then you can go back and watch him cover it all again, he is obnoxious to me but he covers all the variables and the science is spot on. He talks fast but Grow Boss tells the downside of the system too.

When he says "Remember don't let your hopes and dreams blind you to the reality, yield is based on light and quality on grower talent"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Last edited by Paracelsus; 01-22-2018, 07:12 AM.
          My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
          The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, I also think GrowBoss is awesome and obnoxious! Just like me in person if you get me going about something I have a strong and informed opinion. And other times as well, occasionally.

But yeah his video breaking down the 2 and 3 tent (area, as you pointed out) actually is when the relationship between light wattage, square footage and yield made sense, even though that was from a different video.

What I get a lot from is reading the step by step here, especially in Nebula's gentle, grow-sis, style. But then GrowBoss sure puts it all in one paragraph that makes the big picture clearer for my jumbled head.

But I wish he would quit saying"grower talent" and just hold up the correct bottle for me to order.
            Last edited by DingusKhan; 01-22-2018, 10:44 AM.

This tent will allow you to have two in flower and two in veg. You could use a 315 LEC in flower and a small LED in the veg side.

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Jardin...t+Jardin+Lodge

+++++sory, you may not be able to fit DWC. There are other sixes in this config.
          Last edited by Cronk; 01-23-2018, 10:30 AM.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Originally posted by Cronk View Post
            This tent will allow you to have two in flower and two in veg. You could use a 315 LEC in flower and a small LED in the veg side.

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Jardin...t+Jardin+Lodge

+++++sory, you may not be able to fit DWC. There are other sixes in this config.
            iss there a bigger version of that at least 4 x 4 flower room?

Comment

Here's a couple little guys I got going on the side.
            ​​​​​​No tent needed. They don't need complete darkness until they're in flower, and only photos.
            Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Originally posted by DingusKhan View Post
              Here's a couple little guys I got going on the side.
              ​​​​​​No tent needed. They don't need complete darkness until they're in flower, and only photos.
              Oh How about odor control?

Comment

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                That is the other sacrifice when going without the tent: they will be in the same climate as the non-plant occupants of the space, so no temp, humidity, or odor control. But some plants don't smell much until they are in bloom, so that wouldn't really be a problem. And most plants seem happy enough at room temp.

But you're right, this would not be stealthy

I wonder if this grow ever happened
              My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
              The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X