Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of new ballast should I purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of new ballast should I purchase?

I want to know if there is a ballast that can take multiple wattage bulbs (250, 400, 600, 1000) or does each ballast only handle bulbs of one wattage. I want to increase my setup from 250 watts to 600 watts. But I would still want to experiment with the lower watt setups as well. What recommendations are available?

Solis Tek 600/400 watt ballast. I have used this unit about a year running 24/7 with no problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 01-14-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I use Apollo Horticulture equipment and am satisfied with it. 600w ballast has 3 settings; 50%, 75%, 100%.

Comment

If you eventually want to use a stronger hid go with a 1000w dimmable ballast. They use one 1000w bulb and you can operate between 400-1000 watts depending on the ballast you get. Please keep in mind you cannot use a 400w bulb and bump it up. Mines is not the best but it’s an air cooled hood and can operate from 40% 60% 100% and super lumens which i have no clue what it does lol. I have a 4x4 grow tent I decided on an air cooled hood to hit 1000w I’m not saying you can’t but you get a dedicated path for the air to cool your light and if your using Co2 in the future it will help conserve co2 as it has a separate exhaust from your room or a cool tube works as well. I only recommend more than you need because if you need more In the future your going to have to buy again and it seems like you have an experimental spark.
        i haven’t completed a grow but I sure as hell have done my research buying what I need lol
        They say it’s a small world, In reality it’s a large prison

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Super lumen, means it's about 6-8 percent more stronger than 1000watts.

• Arkados
          Arkados commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh cool ty D.A.S.S , I didn’t know that 😃

I have a hydroplanet 600. Currently it runs a 400w mh bulb. Settings of 250 400 600 and 600 super lumen. I've had it 5 mons and have had no issues running the 400w bulb

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X