Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! When to harvest?? Soil CFL Indoor

Heya fellow growers,

This is my first grow, and I'm not quite sure if this puppy is ready for harvest - a little advice from some experienced growers would be much appreciated! I'm thinking of starting my 2 week flush now. The leaves have prolly 10-20% amber, but the actual bud only looks cloudy to me.

A little background:
    Indoor grow tent
    7 weeks into flower
    soil is organic potting mix + perlite
    nutes = Bontancare Grow (during veg), Botanicare Bloom (during flower), CalMag (entire grow), Botanicare Liquid Karma (entire grow)
    pH'd water (charcoal filtered -- Brita)

Oh yes, and some of the bottom fans are getting a pale/yellowish (which I've read is supposed to happen cause buds are draining nutes from leaves).

Comment

Hey tmarsh, that's a beautiful plant ,good job, what kind of plant is she ?
      You need to see Amber on the buds, they always get amber on the leaves first.
      Your close ,but not quite ready yet, by the time your flush is done maybe she will be ready. Good job.
      Welcome to GWE.1093.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

She was just a bag seed that was particularly healthy/fast growing. I believe she is an indica based on her growth style.

For round 2, I cloned her and picked up clones of Purple Cadillac and Grand Daddy Purple from the store =). Figured if I'm going to put in the effort, I might as well start with good genetics.

Comment

It all sounds great. I also grow in soil with CFL and feed botanic are line. Forget the leaves trichomes and focus on the buds. On the top, middle and bottom buds. A picture would be great to try to guess a timeline but I think you could wait another week to start the flush specially if the leaves are yellowing in its own. Once you start finding amber trics on all the buds then flush. Organic soils don’t require flushing but using nutrients a little flush won’t hurt. Happy growing congrats

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Any speculation on yield range?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe 2 ozs,dry, would be my guess, I hope you get more though.

You have to buy yourself a little scope so you can see the trichomes up close, ALWAYS pay attention to trichomes when figuring out when to harvest!! If they're clear don't touch, cloudy is usually peak thc percentage and will give you more of a heady sativa high. If you want more body, couch lock feeling the trichomes should be about 20 to 30% amber and the rest cloudy. I just harvested my strawberry banana yesterday and this is what it should look like. Cloudy and amber will never let you down
            Attached Files
            5x3 grow area
            advanced platinum p450
            Greentree growers blend X happy frog
            1 strawberry banana
            1 blue cheese
            1 Amnesia
            all in veg

Comment

Sounds like you're doing great! The advice you where giving is spot on! Start your flush an wait for a few amber trichs an your ready to chop!! I like to leave my plants in complete darkness after my last flush and before I chop already 12 hours of just I.R lighting followed by 36 hours darkness then I chop.. supposed to make your THC count a little higher? Been working great for me! Good luck! Happy growing

Comment

9fingerleafs do you give nutes every watering or every other on your soil CFL grows?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  depending on the individual plant itself, ive been recycling my soil to the point that there are no nutrients in it, so i water with nutrients every time, around 1.6 EC for both veg and flower But i mix tap and RO water so my starting water is 0.8 (well water with lots of calcium and magnesium), first few runs youll probably feed too much, but think about it this way, you are not trying to feed the right amount of nutes every time (that doesnt exist) you are trying to learn what the plant is asking you for, you want to be able to tell if you are feeding too much or too little, differenciate fast growing lanky plants from the slower tighter stronger plants, etc.... my advice: fuck up and make mistakes only once, its the only way to learn

Here's an update peoples. So things are coming along, still feeding some low dose PBP Bloom, but shes getting to done looking...

Unfortunately, I'm seeing a few scattered seeds on the outsides of buds (see pictures), This plant was in the same room as a plant that was probably male during veg (I got rid of it during that time). Haven't really seen bananas but there was a night a couple weeks ago that got too cold (windows open by accident).

What do you guys think? Should I let her ride out until trich's tell me its time(I would guess 1-1.5 wks) or try to harvest earlier.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let them ripe. Seeds or no seeds those are some magnificent buds. Better to at least have a great smoke out of it

Thanks for the advice/support 9finger.

I'm trying a similar mainlining technique (from Gordo) as you did for your GDP journal with the clone of this current plant =) was surprised how quickly she recovered from supercropping - was scared shitless when doing it lol

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello 1093, really nice looking plant, but you still got a little while to go.

Heya guys,

Just wanted to update you cause y'all helped me through the above problem.

Plant dried a little too fast (4 days to crispy), but otherwise looking great! They are in jars with humidipaks and I'm monitoring humidity with hygrometer.

First CFL grow and the dry weight is 3.5oz from a single plant!

Edit: Oh ya - it gets me really baked as well =)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X