Vaporizer for flower, anyone have any recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaporizer for flower, anyone have any recommendations

I’m in the market to get a vape for flower. Haven’t decided if I want a pen or a home unit wondering if anyone has any recommendations of ones to avoid. Thanks. I should add I’m not looking to buy the best of the best just a middle of the road one.
    Last edited by Locrian99; 01-10-2018, 12:05 AM.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Bought an Arizer Extreme Q, and a Flowermate 5.0 a couple of years ago. Both have been excellent.

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      The flowermate looks like a candidate.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      the battery has held up very well. did have a little problem with the switch. on this older model you have to hit the switch 5 times so must have gotten a little worn. disassembled and injected the teeniest tiny drop of WD-40 into the micro switch. it once again works like new . this happened several months ago and vape is still A-OK.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus I ended up going with the Flowermate 5.0 pro. Very happy with it. First time using it I wasn’t getting much for “clouds” didn’t think I was getting anything. Got way too baked. Got her dialed in now.

Magic Flight Launch Box dude..........very handy
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Locrian, how much you wanting to spend?
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Under 150 I’m thinking

Good luck to you sir

Comment

Firefly 2...... it does concentrate as well. Kinda spendy. But I like mine

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything has an app now days

I wrote about this one recently on another topic, it's the best one I've ever had, but it's like $250. Check out reviews by vapecritic for stuff in your price range.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Tat, you like it better than the extreme q?

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought the Plenty and I tell you , thank you for the recommendation! It's awesome!!!!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Sonnyhad So glad you like it!! I think I had an arizer solo at one point: I totally lost track of how many vaporizers I tried. The last one before the Plenty was a battery-run Haze, and I got so sick of messing with expensive batteries that ran out so fast!!!

I really love the Plenty; it is an awesome machine.

I tried a Utillian 721. it was awesome, and actually did concentrate not bad as well. Easy to clean and use and gave nice large puffs. Note how I used past tense? it went missing a couple of weeks ago - hopefully just misplaced. I am almost to the point of considering buying a new one, but still hoping it will pop up.
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Was anyone in the house when it went missing?

The new Arizer Air II, and ArGo have interchangeable batteries at around $240/$270. Don't have one yet, but Arizer is a well built Canadian product. No Chinese quality control with these. The Extreme Q is a solid unit that will go for years.

Last edited by starramus; 01-10-2018, 10:17 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

i also have the arizer Q and it’s the best in my opinion. Both whip and bags. Remote. Just never set the temp over 220C cause the chamber can combust the weed. I vape trim and stems with great results. Even the big fan leaves work

Comment

Got a Pax3 a few weeks ago. Small, portable, stealthy set up when desired, etc. Gives a good bump. Very pleased. 10 year warranty. Which will hopefully be good until they go out of business in a year or two.
            Has a nice phone app to change settings, monitor during use,etc. I paid the extra for the warranty, not the phone app which I thought would be irritating. But now like the phone app.
            List $250. Mine was $150 with warranty as it was a showroom sample the store wanted to sell.
            Temps up to 420 F or so. Haven't tried anything other than flower with it, although it has an attachment for wax tar, shat, etc. Although I did mix some tar with some flower for a little extra bounce. Worked well.

Comment

Thanks all for the recommendations gives me a place to start. Never used one just thinking I’d like something a little smoother than the bong.
              48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
              600w mh/hps
              32”x32”x63” veg tent
              viparspectra PAR 450 led
              FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
              5 gallon Smart Pots
              Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
              Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Vaping is definitely a lot easier on the lungs! I love my bong, but can only use it once in a while.

I only vape my cannabis. I find smoking to be disgusting, dirty, etc. I've been vaping daily for several years now and find it to be the best way possible to enjoy my flowers. And vaping weed allows you to stretch your weed much farther and make it last much longer due to its efficiency.

If you're really interested in learning more about vaping and vaping products, I highly recommend you check out the Fuck Combustion forum. You'll find tons of information on desktop vaporizers, portable vaporizers, dabbing, and everything else having to do with giving up combustion.

I have several different vaporizers in use, all of which are easily adaptable for use with glass.

Attached is a pic of my Epic eNano vaporizer attached to a glass bubbler with whip attachment (that I designed). The whip attachment can be replaced with a traditional gooseneck mouthpiece so that it can be used like a traditional bong.

The second pic shows a mini bubbler with my Arizer Solo vaporizer attached. This is the one I take out on the back patio when I want to enjoy some sun.

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea. Looks even safer than vaping. Will check out that web site. Danke!

Volcano by Storz and Bickel... The best

Comment

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
                Volcano by Storz and Bickel... The best
                A friend has had a Volcano for years and years. Swears by it. I just didn't want a new piece of furniture. Mobile, outdoor use is more the ticket.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X