Composting harvested material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composting harvested material?

Has anyone composted the harvested plants? If I wanted to disposed of a full plant in a discreet fashion what would you recommend? (Hoping someone has some ideas, preferably something low smell or a basement environment.)

Well I throw mine on the compost pile, but it sounds like you have to do it stealthily. If you are in a sunny location you might try putting your waste in a black plastic bag and letting it sit in the sun for several days. This will quickly decompose the plant matter and reduce the smell enough for your purposes.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Thanks, I will keep that as a back up. It would suffice for one side and cover part of the but It would be great to have a return to soil option..... any one else got thoughts, ideas or process?

Comment

You could literally scatter the leaves on your lawn and mow with no bag. So mulch it into your lawn with your lawn mower.
        Or collect it on your bag and dump it with your regular grass clippings. At this point it will be fully disguised.
        The stems will be tougher you might have to use some pruners and manually chop it into little bits and use it as bark mulch. Or throw it away cause them stems aren't too obvious.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X