No announcement yet.

Should I trim or remove these little side branches/stems? Manifolded already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I trim or remove these little side branches/stems? Manifolded already

Hi. this plant is 7 weeks old and has been manifolded, by me - my first time. I was hoping for the main 10 colas that I think are evident in the photo. see the other side shoots growing up? should they be removed or have anything done. not sure if they add energy or take it. i expect i should trim them from growing up ? this one and three others have been grown so far on a 300w unbranded second hand LED. Just started flowering schedule 3 days ago, and am going to install my new 600W HID dimmable light as soon as i am done here.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Tie them up somehow to the pot or a support. Don't cut em. The more the merrier. If they get in the way eventually, maybe then cut.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I would thin some of the big leaves make clear runs for the light to get to your buds!
      3 week of flower is when you should trim back some of the junk growth. Just remember don't grow small buds¡

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        no small buds, so that means removing the small branches that are coming up - at three weeks of flowering?

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        so. when you say no small buds, that means upward shoots other than the ones im keeping should be trimmed off?

Hey Bootsy , that's a beautiful plant, I wouldn't do anything except keep them from rubbing on each other. Spread em out a little bit, where they can get good light, an a nice breeze blowing thru em.
      Nice plant Bootsy.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Please note that i thought i had already posted this, so it's likely somewhere else. The photos are from today, 5 ish days after switch to 12:12. First half day of the new 600 w MH set on 60%, which allowed me to shut off two heaters through the day and still keep temperatures up, so a win on great light and a win on using less electricity as well. The tent is getting crowded, so i think in order to keep spacing, which is apparently of utmost importance, I will have to maintain only the main 10 colas max from each plant, (tiny white rhino???). only question now is whether to trim the suckers now or after the three week time for last trimming. I think they grew faster today (new light), but it seems that they have been accelerating every day anyway. If I'm staying organic, can anybody recommend a supplement for partway through flowering? I've now had advice from several trustable sources that I will likely need it. Is blackstrap molasses enough? above , someone mentioned a tea. Im trying to find info on these things now to have it ready for my wife.
        Attached Files
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• Bootsy
          Bootsy commented
          Editing a comment
          these are, in the overall photo - right front (and second photo) = Cinderella 99, right back (and third photo) is Criticalk Widow, left back (4th photo) is my stumpy White Rhino, and left front is Blueberry. all look relatively happy so far.

Hi. I have started a grow journal in the regular forum portion, where i guess i should be at this time. thanks for the help.

Comment

Hey Bootsy, your plants are looking great, an yes molasses an worm compost teas is all I ever use in my organic grows, they love those teas.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Bootsy
            Bootsy commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks.

I have a tip which may be of help, if you have a drill with a 1/8" drill bit, drill holes 3" apart in the lip of the net pot lid (see photos, may have to zoom in) I tie my plants down this way, you can remove the lid. Also a pic of my initial trim, after I start thinning by taking the lower hand size fan leaves, start with 20%, I slow trim into the middle of flower. Leavimg enough to power the buds.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bootsy
            Bootsy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. thanks. now that mine have reached the sides of the pots, i am tying them to safety pins stuck in the fabric. I wish i had the room it looks like you have. Darn.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X