Substituting Pool Shock for Clear-Rez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substituting Pool Shock for Clear-Rez

I have read a few articles on using pool shock to make the equivalent of Clear-Res. The formula is 1 gram of pool shock to 1 gallon of water for the concentrate, and then mixing 1 ounce of this concentrate to every 5 gallons of water.
    The problem I have run into with the pool shock is there are 3 types. They are: calcium hypochlorite (cal-hypo), sodium di-chlor (di-chlor), and potassium monopersulfate (non-chlorine/oxidizer). Has anyone ever tried this and if so which one should be used?

The articles I found tell you exactly which product to buy. I cannot advise you on which one to use but sodium or calcium hypochlorite will end up as hypochlorous acid, which is Clear-Rez.
    Best of luck

Comment

• KingKush
      KingKush commented
      Editing a comment
      The issues that may arise are in the "other ingredients" as manufacturers don't have to list ingredients they deem "proprietary" and are not registered Active Ingredients.
      So just be cautious when it comes to your ladies. If you are just cleaning things then this would work, but remember It kills anything living.

Much Appreciated!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X