Water on leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water on leaves

Growing in coco coir, using cfl 22 watt lite bulbs, water is forming on top of some leaves, lites are 6- 8 inches away, any help from anybody

Have any pics of your plant(s)? Maybe you can do a little bit of defoliation?

Comment

Do you have a hygrometer? What is your current RH (relative humidity)?

Comment

Here you go

Comment

• H4john
          H4john commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey jeff, plant is looking nice. Cant see the water on the leaves though. Like i was asking, do you have a hygrometer? If your humidity is too high, it could be causing water droplets to form on the leaves.

Room I growing in is low 70s

Comment

• H4john
          H4john commented
          Editing a comment
          Could be an air flow problem. 70 is good for veg, but you need proper airflow within your grow area via some fans. If its going over 70 you may need to add a strong exhaust fan if you dont have one, to pull some of that humidity out.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice plants, but with those cfls, you want to keep them close to your plants, like no further than 2-3 inches away .

Do you happen to notice if the leaves were touching where it's wet?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Leaves where touching

Comment

You need to thin it just a bit leaves touching leads to molds! Also the water from the leaves is part of the process of transpireing. I would add a fan or adjust what you have keep the air moving!

Comment

Howdy jeff1961, I have seen water accumulations on some of my leaves as well. They usually show up where other leaves lay in contact or are very close to another leaf. My theory is that it is condensation from the leaf expiring water during the natural process. I have only spotted the 'droplets' in the mornings, just after the lights come on. I think that the relatively cooler temperature at night is causing the condensation. If You have enough air circulating around the plants, there should not be a great problem with it.
              Good luck with Your growing.
              Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks for everybody's help,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X