Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question: is this how LST is supposed to look? Did I start right??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Quick question: is this how LST is supposed to look? Did I start right??

So finally started lst my babies. How does it look like?

Thanks

Family picture

Comment

• Zomb
      Zomb commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good looking family!

Yes blues. Thats one way of doing it. You will want to gradually bend it horizontal and then bend the laterals that sprout from the nodes. Idea is to get several sites that will produce vertical colas when you switch to flower. Keep up the good work.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

you can still top it.................
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

The idea behind LST is not to let the main top be the tallest part of the plant, thus sending the Auxins to other nodes signaling to take over being main colas. That's my answer and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, I don't know the terminology, but that's what I do when I don't top & manifold. And the branches compete to be "The cola".

Here is my Bubbelicious. This one was easy to train. I only LST. no topping.

Comment

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Kingfish, 2017won't be over fast enough for me, I hope all our futures will be improved.
          So by not topping and just LST how many Cola's are you getting? Are you not topping because you don't want to stress or hurt the plant?
          Thanks
          Happy New Year
          P

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi P. I average about 8. Sometimes more, sometimes six. It really all depends on how well I train them. The main reason I don't top is because of the recovery time. If I top them, I have to add at least another week to catch up. I probably will get some arguments on this, but I don't care.

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          nothing wrong with a good argument, I know some people who agree with you because they don't want to harm the plants or cause them pain before harvest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X