Slow growing process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Slow growing process

I would like to know your ideas and advice for my first indoor experience because i guess i have been missing some parts that's why the process going so slow;

I have got ''Speed Seeds'' Lowryder # 2 x AK 47 Auto. I have started the light schedule with CFL and Led both in first two weeks, CFL has 140 W and Leds has 100 W light period is 18/6,

Also there is infrared heat lamb which has turning on in every 30 minutes even at the dark time period, my grow room is in my balcony and the outside temperature is 9/4 C

thats why i turn on the heat lamb at the dark period due to keep heat control. There two exhaust hole at up and down i have just small usb fan in front of upper exhaust,

second week i have added bigger fan just beside the down exhaust and it works same time with the heat lamb. I use city water which is around 7.7 ph but i leave the water

in tank at the grow room in order to reduce ph. At the end of second week i removed all CFL and input the 5x28 W LED, all Led wattages become total 240 Watts. At the day time

preriod the temperature is 22 C when the heat lamb is on its become 28 C, at the dark time period its giong down till 14-13 C. As you see the pots are different shape and size,

the biggest is 8 lt and the smallest is 5.8 lt., the soil is mixture orgainic soil, worm casting,coco coir,peat moss / tuff, Grow room space is 0.6 M2 The height of grow room is

1.10 m, the distance is 0.80 cm between light and plants, I do not have tool to check humidity that's why i always keep small water pot and wet t-shirt under the heat lamb.

Its already end of three weeks and as you see the result is not fair enough.

I am not sure about whats parts i am missing but it might be because;

* Not enough lights or lumens ?

* So many plants for the growing space?

* The long time period of light 18/6 ?

* No complete darkness at the dark period ( Because infarared heat lamb is 1 hour on 1 hour off at the dark time period )

* Cool Temperature at the dark period when the heat lamb is off ( i had no chance to check temperature at the night when the heat lamb is off but outside temperature is around 4 C at the nights)

* Low quality of the seeds ( i bought the seeds from www. original seeds store com , there are so many bad reviews for that store, i paid with 86 bucks for 35 seeds )

* Low quality of the Leds ( i bought growing led lights on www ali baba com from cheap Chinese manufacturers, if the Watts are true ; 1 x 80 W , 5 x 28 W , 2 X 20 W all cost me 45 bucks )

These are my opinions, Maybe the reason is not because of these things, However what should i do or not to do, i need your opinions
    Last edited by tariqtatar; 12-25-2017, 06:53 AM.

Not a pro, but i see a few possibilities. I see your using cfl lights, they should be extreamly close to the plant those leds slightly further(not sure) Maintain aprox min. Of 20c
    and your water, you cant leave it out to reduce ph, it will evaporate the chlorine... but you will need ph down if its at 7.5

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Bring Those lights down or raise plants up! Not to close with those led's could give the girls a burn.
      The rest should be within a a inch or two of the plants best of luck.

Comment

Move those cfls closer, consider using nutrients added to your water, dont worry about the infrared until after you turn to 12/12 light schedule, then replace the IR with ceramic bulb heaters like are used for reptiles. BE PATIENT, they might just take off after their slow start. Good luck!
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Canyon Grower Potted Thanks for advice, I ve made some adjustments, 1 x 85 W CFL has 30 cm distance, 7 x 25 W led bulbs has 35 cm distance and 1 x 80 W led bulb has 45 cm distance.

Potted as you mention not too close with led to avoid light burn, do you think is that distance is ok ?

Also i change the day / night period with 16 / 8 in order to reach harvest time earlier. Even tough the big fan is on 24 h i just worry about that Infrared light is off at the all light period but its on at the all dark time

period ( 6 hours ) I hope it wont make make dry the air and soil.

Secondly I want to train my plants, which training do you think will be best according the my growing space ( 60 cm width, 80 m length , and 1,20 height ) , Scorg would work? and when do i need to start training?

Attached Files

Comment

Yea the lights look good now,just member to adjust as grow gets larger.
            as for the way u shape them that’s a personal choice,I like the way that Miss Haze does it on GWE. Good luck

Comment

I use infrared during the vegetative cycle. The small amount of light wont hurt them at all unless they are too close and cause burning of plants or other items. Be CAREFUL. When you switch to flowering cycle (12/12) you should try ceramic heaters, like those used to keep pet reptiles warm. They give off heat and produce no light at all. Good luck.
              Organic only soil grower
              Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
              Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Canyon Grower , Potted , DABADO , Qwertywill GRAND Zomb Kpenn Paracelsus D.A.A.S.69 alltatup oldjarhead100 Green75 Doubledealing72 abadtrip Mr.furley

Hi you all its been 4 weeks now, since i have changed the distance of lights( to 30 cm ) it has some process but not as much as i want, but later on sickness has occurred on the leaves, i thought its because of the lights then i move them up little bit (now LED's 50 cm far away from plants). Maybe its because of the the bigger fan which is very close to the plants and its working 24h, Also i need your ideas that about my topping training, i have checked all forums and decide to use topping training according my grow room height, does it seem normal or i cut them off too early? also i want apply LST and Scorg, when do you think i should start? because the branches seems not strong enough for LST now, right?

Comment

Waiting for more experienced growers to chime in, good luck with your grow. I will say you want to only train healthy vigorous thriving plants. Like i said I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction but besides the damaged leaf they seem to be reaching towards the light
                  P
                  My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
                  The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X