What's wrong with my plant !!!!!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with my plant !!!!!??!

I am using a smart pot, there is a fan circulating the whole room, and the Ph is at 6 every time I water it. (Growing in coco coir)

on a 18/6 schedule

it only dries out every week and half maybe even 2 weeks but even if it's still a little moist l, I water it anyway because I'm afraid with the coco coir, that Natural salts are building up. When I water, I do a 20% runoff but then the plant stays wet for a very long time and again, has stagnant water at the bottom. I even poked extra holes in the bottom of the smart pot for extra drainage. HELP !!!

Your coco is not draining well obviously. I'd like to know what kind of coco it is. Was it from a brick or a bag?

At any rate, adding perlite helps your media drain. I don't see any in your pot.

Also, why is the media so dark near the stalk? Did you top dress some earthworm castings?

Comment

• Shaygrows
      Shaygrows commented
      Editing a comment
      I use grow stone brand https://www.amazon.com/Growstone-GS-...ords=coco+coir

• StoneyTony
      StoneyTony commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. It sounds like you don't have good drainage in the coco. Although you said you have "good" ventilation, I might double check to play it safe. Smart pots shouldn't stay that moist past a week. JMO

I use coco coir. Platinum Cyco coco coir. 3 parts coco to 1 part perlite . Vigoro perlite especially. A
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Sounds like you need some heat, what are the lights?
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Shaygrows
      Shaygrows commented
      Editing a comment
      Just ordered it! I will start the 24 hour sched. Now on my timer. Thanks for your help !

• Karlee
      Karlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep taking pic's you're doing great with a hick-up we all do it ...I grow hydro but I grow all plants and pot is so forgiving the best I've seen.

Nice meeting you Shay! I'm sending healing thoughts as I type, to your babies!!! Ohmmmmmm! let it be a hair warmer mmmmmmmm!

• Shaygrows
      Shaygrows commented
      Editing a comment
      😊 thanks Karlee!

It agree it looks a little overwatered, and I think that's related to the fact that it's taking so long to dry after each watering. It should only take a few days before you need to water again! You already mentioned you have good airflow. What is the temperature and humidity in there? If it's cool and/or humid, that may explain why your plant isn't drinking enough. But besides the droopiness they look good overall! They'll definitely be able to bounce back!

Comment

• Shaygrows
      Shaygrows commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, if I wait for it to dry out and it takes almost 2 weeks, is the PH level of the stagnant water at the bottom going change? Even though it's not dry, I will still water it a little so the roots can get some fresh oxygen and balanced pH water. Is it ok to be doing that ?

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Stagnant water? There definitely shouldn't be any stagnant water at any time. After watering you want to remove all the runoff water a few minutes later, otherwise the plant will suck it back up. If the plants are sitting in water, that would definitely explain why they're taking so long to dry!

• Shaygrows
      Shaygrows commented
      Editing a comment
      The run off water goes down the drain I have in there. I mean the water that's in the soil for 2 weeks, it's out of oxygen and the pH balance probably changes after a while right ? So I water the plant until 20%run off just to clear out all the old water and since it's taking 2 weeks to dry out, aren't the nutrients causing salt build up at the bottom of the smart pot?

Ok so I still haven't needed to water my plant since I posted a few days ago. I attached a picture of it now and also a pic of the thermostat I have in the room

Comment

First thing i thought when i seen the picture was overwatering, especially when you stated how long between watering. Has to be a soil/drainage problem, should dry out sooner. I would myself replace the pot with a regular easy drain pot. Would also transplant to a bigger pot and remove as much as possible the older medium (with as little stress possible) and replace with some that others have suggested for better drainage. Use a tonic to reduce plant shock and get those roots going.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems​
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        My suggestion is a little extreme but ohnestly there's nothing you can do if the soil is not draining. Wait and see if anyone has better ideas or disagrees.

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree completely

• Shaygrows
        Shaygrows commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have a link for the tonic you recommend?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X