Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biodynamic Marijuana Grower Interview FYI

FYI Any thoughts?
    My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
    The universities do not teach all things

I know half a dozen growers who grow like him, they just call it growing pot!😂😂😂 nothing earth shattering in his technique
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right nothing earth shattering, doesn't even use electricity. Actually your right, he does exactly what farmers have been doing for centuries, just not the last one. And those ways and skills are being left behind. Also biodynamics follows Lunar. Solar and Astrological charts, cover crops., insect enrichment control, and special treatments of minerals and crystals too. A little eye of newt with the bat guanno stirred widdershins for one hour during a new moon

Fascinating article, Paracelsus! It describes someone who is really in tune with his environment on all levels. And I'll bet that his nugs are fantastic because of the respect he has for natural cycles and for the plants themselves.

The points about "western medicinal approach" are especially interesting to me. That approach is a cold and calculating one that doesn't mind sacrificing all manner of animals in the lab just so the mad scientists can observe and record their data. Power does not equal knowledge, that's for sure--nor does technology equal the best results, as we are certainly seeing globally now. Technology has become nature's worst enemy.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to get to that level of harmonious cultivation, I just don’t have the knowledge yet but most importantly time and space are lacking. Good article for sure, it just made it sound like a novelty I thought...which is not obviously.
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        They didn't mention things like making dung and mineral potions burying them in a bull horn in the norteast corner of the field during the winter solstice, lol true though. You dig it up and make fertilizer in the spring.

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah for sure! Read the story once of this ethnologist half “stuck” on an island more or less by choice who decided to repopulate the local palm trees by use of his own crap basically, composting it in the local soil, enriching it. Totally worked, ended up helping the natives rebuild a small local economy out of it! ... call me lazy but I buy organic fertilizers instead😂😂😂

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't call YOU lazy

I thought everyone planted their gardens on Good Friday.
      At least they do where I live.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

The lunar aspect of the article is an unproven theory and one which does not make theoreticle sense. The suggested reasoning for lunar involvement describes the force on physical mass, such as fluid or sap movement. But what reasoning is used is likely from the misunderstanding of how tidal force works.
        Tidal forces are the combinational effects of the moon, earth and sun all together. But the earths gravity superimposes most of the force as a whole. Looking at the moon alone, the effects we see from tidal shifts are a result from the large surface area it covers. Its individual effect on small mass objects is so insignficant that it becomes extremely difficult to quantify. This is why you see no tide effects in lakes or small areas of enclosed water. As such, there would be no real effect with fluids in plants or soil.
        Moon photosynthesis is a joke. Maybe algae, but not terrestrial plant life.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          The moon has no effect on the pr or pfr hormone.
          Here is a lengthy discussion between me and greenthumb. I cover the issue of plant circardian rhythm quite heavily.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought last night was the longest night! HAPPY SOLSTICE Y'ALL!!!

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          YULE
          So the shortest day came
          and the year died
          And everywhere down the centuries
          of the snow-white world
          Came people singing, dancing,
          to drive the dark away.

They lighted candles in the winter trees;
          They hung their homes with evergreen;
          They burned beseeching fires all night long
          to keep the year alive.
          And when the new year’s sunshine blazed awake
          They shouted, reveling.

Through all the frosty ages you can hear them
          Echoing behind us — listen!
          All the long echoes sing the same delight,
          This shortest day.
          As promise wakens in the sleeping land;
          They carol, feast, give thanks,
          And dearly love their friends, and hope for peace.
          And so do we, here, now,
          This year, and every year.
          –Susan Cooper

Love it I'm inside forcibly but I'm doing organic this round similar to the good Ole outside days.

Comment

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Biodynamic Soil would definitely qualify as super soil. It has it's own special preparation formula, real black gold.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X