Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd defoliation

So I switched to 12/12 on 11/22.
    I defoliated 1 week prior to the switch and was going to start slowly defoliating over a period of a few days.

Any tips/ pointers would help out a lot. Here's a few pics of them from today.
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Your plants look great! You defoliated perfectly. But I would only do further defoliating on an as-needed basis, like when leaves are blocking buds from light.
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dagmars right.

Kpenn let your plant go to the third week of flowering before removing leaf. Allowing the foilage to stay helps Drive the early flowering process. IV seem to have better luck not slowly stripping leaf and unwanted branches only tucking in weeks 1-3 of flowering then do a defoliation over two days in the end of week 3 or beginning of week 4.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Awesome!!!! That sounds like a plan then. Also they really haven't stretched much. Like maybe 3-4 inches at the most. Is that normal for almost 2 weeks into flower??? I feel like they should of stretched more than that by now..
      3rd Grow
      Tent- 4x4x6.5
      Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
      Pots- 3gal fabric
      Nutrients- None

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems a little slow but I think your fine, are you growing a sativa or indica?
        I had one last grow that was slow to stretch I was raising it up as other plants for being lowered down didn't take off till the third week.

Look in great Kpenn, just like MrFurley said, they aren't thru by no means.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I'm on grow four I think now. I took all the foliage below the second topping and defoliated the center of each plant to let in light. At this point, week two since 12/12 flip , I'm going to leave the leaves until they are half dead then I'll feed full strength (half strength FF). My plants look similar to yours. I took to much last grow and had small flowers because of it.
        Last edited by LaughingBuddha; 12-06-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info Buddha, if no one talks about there mistakes no one else will learn.

Mr Furley, I got a "variety pack" with both sativas and indicas. And of course the seeds aren't labeled so I'm really not sure what I'm growing just yet.

And that's good to know, maybe mine are just slow to stretch too. Thank you guys for your opinions and tips!! It helps a ton, plus it's always nice to hear someone else say your plants are looking good lol

so my plan is to tuck some more of the leaves that are blocking bud sites when I get off in the morning, then I will defoliate very lightly around 12/18-12/20, that's when they will almost be heading into their 4th week of flower. After those 2 days of super super light defol I'll just tuck leaves as needed from there on out.
        3rd Grow
        Tent- 4x4x6.5
        Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
        Pots- 3gal fabric
        Nutrients- None

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Good deal Kpenn,
          So much good advice mentioned in this thread keep up the good work and pls keep us posted.

So today is week 3 of flower. I defoliated 1 plant just to see how she reacts before I do the other two later in the week.

What do you guys think??

Also when defoliating, how should I schedule that around my water schedule??? Would it be better to chop leaves before a watering, after, or does it even matter??
        3rd Grow
        Tent- 4x4x6.5
        Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
        Pots- 3gal fabric
        Nutrients- None

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          It does not matter Kpenn take them when it's time. Plant has pretty skinny leaves. Skinny leaves people sativa, fat leafs equal indica

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          The only other thing I would say IMO is do it right after lights on. You get all day light for them to recover. Plus at night temps drop, RH goes up this is not a good combo for newly opened wounds.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point UrbZ
          I do almost everything at light on. Water, defoil, transplanted......

Okay cool. You think they look okay though? I didn't take too much off I don't think. I watched a bunch of videos before doing it and tried to follow them the best I could.
        3rd Grow
        Tent- 4x4x6.5
        Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
        Pots- 3gal fabric
        Nutrients- None

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks Like an OJH defoliation lol......quite a bit but no problem in my opinion. You left all the important leaves. They will go nuts now and reward you with a great yield. Keep us updated.

UrbZ I didn't think about that. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I do these next two ladies. I did this one like 3 hours before lights out.

3rd Grow
        Tent- 4x4x6.5
        Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
        Pots- 3gal fabric
        Nutrients- None

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X