Cloning with just tap water an plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning with just tap water an plugs

So I thought I'd write here to maybe help someone out about cloning.. honestly in my two years growing cannabis I've only just tried cloning for the first time here about two to three weeks ago. I didn't have no cloning gel are powder an wasn't going to even try it until I seen my mom's clones at her house with her little flower cactus. She just had a chunk of it sitting at a jar water and there was roots coming out everywhere. So after I discussed it with her I went home and did some cutting to my Bubba Kush and took nine nice potential cuts. Event thought about just putting them in water but didn't have an air source for it. So I thought I would just put them in soaking wet plugs. And then put the plugs in a cupcake container I use for my seedlings under a Little Seedling starter light. I run the light 24/7.. i would spray the leaves once in the morning and once at night for a few days. After about the third day I started putting a few drops a GH floralicious Plus in my spray bottle.. on about the 5th day one of the plugs started showing roots, that night another one!!! Was so thrilled!lol.. anyways... I got two really nice ones and two that are still fighting to live but got roots!! The rest where to slow so I ripped them apart after about the 10th day are so to see what happened... To my surprise ALL the clones had little roots... But where brown so figured I got excited after the first two showed and watered the rest to much? Not sure but I believe I drowned them.. other wise I believe I would have had all 9 rooted , but with everything else I have going on I couldn't fit that many anyways..
    I really hope this helps someone out there... I've been looking into cloning but didn't have the extra cash at the time so I just waited an glad I did! Now I also got told that aloe is the BEST for cloning but I don't have an aloe plant... Yet! Lol ... But guess it makes it easier an gives a better success.
    Will try and find more pics from before they got transplanted and if I can help anyone with trying this please let me know and I will gladly help!!

Wow, good insights, farmer!! You figured out what you did right and what you did wrong! I love it when I figure that out and never make the same mistake again.

I've never cloned, but I congratulate on a very successful first attempt!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I really couldn't believe it worked because everything I read is powder this an gel that.. but it was a pretty cool an successful experiment!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It makes sense, because we are always saying what a hardy little weed this plant is!

Clones look great! I transplanted both from the 2lt bottles, one into a3 gal smart pot ( the best looking) the other into 2 gallon bucket... out of smart pots for now... so we'll see how it goes!! The one I put into smart pot got topped an bent over already... the other, well I messed up for the first time transplanting and my root ball got messed with a bit i believe when I was taken it out.. so I believe it's just still in shock.. only been two days now since transplant.. Don't seem like she's going to die tho.. Just a little droopy plus using a bucket instead of smart pot for the first time I'll have to change the watering schedule up a bit.. been two days and my media is still soaked.. turned the fan up and will be attempting too maybe drill some holes in it later. Should help some.. Will post pics in a bit

Comment

Little up date.. clones where topped an looking good!

Comment

Hello TF88, Your not pulling our legs are you?? jus kidn,
        Those are the healthiest,best looking clones I've seen, I'm not kidn, either. They look great, We've tried taking clones from 4-5 different plum trees, and only 1 plum tree would let us take a clone that ever grew up to be a tree. I don't know why the other trees wouldn't grow trees.
        We tried a bunch of times too, with no luck, you did great, I hope they grow some great bud for you. Good Luck with your clones, I'm gonna try some it on some autos soon.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks 69 I really am amazed that they're thriving the way they are.. they where all tiny clones to.. nothing bigger than 2.5 .. 3 inches... I just soaked the plug in hot water in a bag.. I flip the plug around to make it stand by itself like a cone.. pop a hole in it an fill the bottom with a piece ripped off the top.. mist leaves with spray bottle once in morning an Again at night... soon as I saw root pop out the side I planted.. I drowned most of them tho.... but that's it.. also when i took the cut, i would take the bottom leaves and peel them off all the way to the bottom, to peel a little skin off the stem so I didn't have to scrape any off.. Just how my mom showed me.. all natural she even pinches her Clones no cutting.. lol but it worked, best of luck!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks 88, I'm sure gonna try that way, I'd be tickled if I could get just one to grow, your right alot of women know exactly what their doing with their plants, what little bit I know I learned from my wife, she been growing pot a long time, along with differant kinds of flowers, Nebula knows what she's doing that's for sure, she even said the other day ,that she was working with roses a little bit.Thanks for the information, I'm sure gonna try it.

• Trichomefarmer88
            Trichomefarmer88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I agree! Best of luck let me know how it goes..

Just took a few cuts to start new clones.. same method a as before.. Hopefully they all work and root great this time an I don't drown them lol... But sadly I left town for two days..came home and my veg closet was attacked!! Damn brothers cat ripped my two beautiful clones and my re veg I was working on.. Harvested a pink lady kush like two months ago an left a little piece of Bud on there so i could grow it out a little an clone it.. but cat killed them... My two plants from seed are fine tho... Damn cat I've never been so mad at something... First beautiful healthy clones gone..... So sad.. I'll take pics later of the new clones attempt!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X