Are my clones dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my clones dying?

Are these clone attempts dying? The one small one I stuck in the side of a seeding cube seems to be the only one holding its colour. The other three are in a very light nutrient solution recommend for seedlings and cuttings by the manufacturer(DNF) These cuttings are not important but the practice of cloning is! I’m trying to learn so when start with quality strains I can be successful. Help, tips, suggestions, criticism all welcome you won’t offend me as this is all just a learning experience for me!
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH

Comment

Its not unusual for my clones to look pretty sick for weeks, or even months after I start them. Being trimmed from your mom and stuck in the ground without any feet (roots) is pretty stressful. I usually lose some outright so I start more than I will really need. Actually, yours don't look as bad as mine. No reason to worry yet !
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that’s good to hear! Thanks canyon. All 4 cuttings were dipped in gel then powder immediately after they were taken. It’s been about 8 days(nov 27). When will I know if they take? Should I see any roots yet?

I took mine about a month ago and they are just now taking root. So it can take a while. The pros(not me) can get them to set up and running faster. I take clones of indoor grows this time of year and put them under a lamp with one cfl bulb. By spring they are pretty healthy plants that are ready to put outdoors. Its a great way to extend your buck. So, to answer your ?. I would give them a couple months. If they are still alive then, you know they are doing well. Good luck !!!
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Another helpful hint is to cut your large fan leaves and only leave like 1/2 . The leaves absorb to much light and make the plant grow up instead of growing roots. This will also help you know when theve rooted. You will easily be able to tell new growth from the old cut growth. They look good to me though. Cloning is def a learning process.
        ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• Canyon Grower
          Canyon Grower commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent observation and advice Urbz.

Thanks guys! I just looked at them again and the one I stuck in the cube is actually rooted now! Visible roots in 8 days
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

• Canyon Grower
          Canyon Grower commented
          Editing a comment
          You are rockin it !

• BlueBudz
          BlueBudz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks canyon I decided after seeing this to remove the other three from water and put them into cubes as well

These are new ones since I started this post but I think I’m getting the hang of it! Do roots normally look furry like that?
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

Yes, that is normal. Not sure how you do it but I cut my clone about a 1/2 inch below a node, clip off the leaf stem and stalk down to my main stalk. Then dip the in the gel a little above that spot. The extra raw spot makes for faster cloning in my short lived experience. Other than that though, I follow the gwe directions. I've only lost 2 out of the 35 I've taken so far
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 12-28-2017, 06:25 PM.
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
          5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
          Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
          400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
          ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
          13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• BlueBudz
            BlueBudz commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s good % well done.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X