Can filter location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can filter location

Morning greeners! I have a question. I just got my carbon filter yesterday and looking for advice on location in the tent. Will having it on the floor be sufficient for smell? I have no worries of heat as my temp doesn’t exceed 25°c normally holds around 23°c. I understand that heat rises and I assume that’s why they typically get installed near the ceiling. In my current setup I need the fresh air intake to come in at the top. I have two small fans directing air toward the filter. Let me know what you guys think. I don’t want to hang the filter from the tent as it is quite heavy, I just don’t want the risk with hanging above everything
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

You can use like this without worries. I'd only advice you to hang it with a 90º curve from your lights because once the plants get bigger (and they will) you'll have the room without the carbon filter on the floor.

Comment

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Right I have considered that too.. these plants are just bag seed experiments I have some good seeds coming and might put these to flower while I get the others ready just so I have some experience with flowering. I only plan on having two plants at a time since I only have a 600w light

Morning BB, if you've got a good fan an filter you can leave it on the floor outside your tent and you want smell anything. Happy Growing.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh course you want the air pulling thru the filter, that's the way you are supposed to do it if you got room in your tent to hang it.
      If not or its not to hot in your tent all you need in your tent is an oscillating fan and an exaust fan duct line from inside your tent then thru your filter then your exaust fan blowing into the same room your tent is in.
      Nebula has got all the information you need in GWE. Good Luck BBz, there is plenty of different ways to do it. The more room in your tent the better, especially if it's not too hot in your tent.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Well the temps are what they are because of the ventilation, if I keep that air inside it will certainly raise temperatures to much. I already had the fan and cooling tube in use just now added the filter.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      You will be pulling the hot air out with your exaust fan, it's really easy to do ,that way you will have more room in your tent, but do it any way you want its your tent. All you have to do is run your flex duct about a foot in your tent thru the top hole in your tent.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 12-05-2017, 12:35 PM.

IMHO: the shortest amount of ducting you use is Most efficient in cooling your light as well as scrubbing.
    You'll hVe a bigger crowd on the floor of the tent than at the top assuming you train your canopy.
    Regardless...Nice environment you have there.
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Tika, it is winter here and ambient temps around the tent location are from 15°-19°c. I have been using the light for over a month now and have yet to see temps @ canopy level exceed 25°c. This being said maximum cooling isn’t an issue yet. I was thinking about mounting the fan direct to the filter and hanging the whole assembly to minimize piping length and maximize efficiency and space. It’s just all new to me so I’m trying to get a decent layout you know?

@Daas Do you mean like 3 or 4? Sorry I’m not totally understanding what u mean
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X