Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transitions

What do you think about transitioning times? Seed to veg and veg to flower? I've been told go slow and don't hit it with too many lights or nutes right away. Does this mean change the light cycle but keep the same watts? Gradually increase nutes? I have a t5 4 bulb in 2x2x4 tent. Seedling under one of the 24w bulbs currently. Maybe gradually add the 2nd bulb over a week? I just can't see how another 24w is going to shock it that much. Anyways, I'm obviously a newb, first grow ever lol. Just thought I'd ask some veterans out there before I eventually graduate to a larger space and light. Thanks!

I grow full throttle. As soon as I have the first set of real leaves I hit them with all the light I got 24 hrs a day. And turn the timer on to 12 12 when I switch to flower nutes I use full nutes from week 3 on. I do have my own feeding plans I follow.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Its better to go full on from the beginning, allowing the plant to develop its leaves to accomodate the light levels right away. Using different light levels throughout the grow adds additional stress and delays as the plant constantly shifts anatony to adapt to new conditions. Doing this however is less forgiving and requires more care.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

KnowTheGrow Got any pics of your setup? Anyway, If all you will use are T5's for your growth, then upon sprouting, you should put your plant/s under that 1 bulb, 24W T5 for about 2 weeks or so at around 3" to 4" above the plant/s to prevent them from stretching too much.
        After that, I'd put them under the 4 bulb T5 fixture and keep them under that for the remainder of the Veg cycle. Put those lights at about 2' above the plants and monitor the plant's reaction and lower or raise them accordingly.
        Once you start flower, you're going to need to double the watts of what you had in Veg. My only concern for you is the height of your grow tent. It's only 4 feet high. If you consider the height of your pot/bucket, the height you will need to hang the lights and the space your plants will need to grow in, do you think you will have enough height in your tent for the plant/s to grow vertically? Unless you're going to give your plant/s some serious LST or that particular strain grows very short, then you may need a taller tent. I've seen some folks grow nice plants in short tents, but again, you need to know how to LST properly. Just my two cents. Good luck with your growth.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Hello KTG, and welcome to GWE, everyone has got their own way of growing, but i usually start my seedlings under a couple of cfls for 4-5 days and when they look like they are doing ok, i turn on my 315cmh and let them have it ,wide open till harvest.
          Good Luck on your grow, and if you have any questions, just ask, plenty of good help right here.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Welcome to the forum KnowTheGrow,
            I go a little to a lot! Seedlings/clones go under clf with a mild nutrient solution I bady nute till week 4 then it's on! once in a 4" pot under the 400mh @18/6 going at 50% increased to 100% over 3ish days, there it lives till flowering.
            Flowering last time (and I'm repeating it) 18/6, 78f, 600w hps @60% transitioned to over 7 days 12/12, 72f, 600w hps@100% Till done.
            my reasoning for this is although Mother Nature is Extreme! things like Seasons, ease in and out so the hippie in me says a little transition is gentler on the plant.
            this is just me and my not so schedule with no science degree, ultimately the plant dictates where it goes and when but they LOVE a good environment with perfect lumens don't be afraid to hit them with light/half nutes at week 3, by week 4 you could be making thing that dreamers dream.
            MrF
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Guess I should have been a bit more specific...I'm growing 2 northern lights with FFOF and plan on giving Humboldt nutes Master A&B starting around week 5, as I've heard ffof can be a little hot. I'm also going to go from solo cups to two 5 gallons (if they'll fit). Grow space is definitely an issue and plan on upgrading after this adventure. I also intend on topping, supercropping and scrog. A little nervous because I've never done either lol. My first grow I just left em alone. Also, if using RO water should I add a little calmag? And if so how much do you recommend? Cannabliss...I'm afraid if I use more than 400w in that space I'll be throwing light at the floor. The T5 has a switch to go from 50% to 100%. What do you think? Again thanks for all the timely responses. Good to know there's support out there lol.

Comment

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                That would work nicely. Use em at 50% during Veg, then flip em up to 100% for flower. Since these are T5's you can put them a bit closer than HID/LED lights without the fear of light burn/stress. Still though, watch how the plant/s react to the lights, and have plenty of ventilation.

Also, I just wanted to throw this out there...how much yield do you think I should get? I was told an expert shouldn't get less than 8 oz. from that setup thought that seemed high but again I'm near clueless on the subject lol. I was hoping for maybe half that?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X