Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora Indica by Nirvana, 100% organic grow with BioBizz nutes

Hello everybody!

This is my first post on this forum, and I must say I'm glad to be here. Because this seams like a place where a lot of skilled and like minded people are hanging out.

Like the topic says, I'm currently growing a single Aurora Indica in a 60x60x150 Secret Jardin DS60, with a 200W Dual spectrum CFL which I have mounted to a semi-wide reflector.
    This is running together with a 100 milimeter exhaust fan and a coal filter. The conditions inside the tent, as of today, are 18C and 45% RH.

The nutrients I'm using comes from BioBizz, and are as following:

BioGrow - a solution made for the vegetative state of the plant. But will continue to be used through the whole life cycle of this plant.
    BioBloom - a solution made for the flowering state of the plant. And will be put in to the watering schedule after just a few weeks.
    TopMax - a solution made to increase the production of flowers, and I'm told it also enhances the taste of the bud. This is my first time using this.

I also have a tub of Molasses, which I plan on adding later in the grow. And some Epsom salt, since these nutrients lack a little bit of magnesium, which probably will be needed as she matures.

If anyone wants to know more specific information on my setup, please ask

And since English is far from my daily spoken language, I ask you to bear with me when I'm trying to explain my day to day situation as this grow progresses throughout this Christmas and the beginning of next year

This little girl is 12 days old, and she is currently growing in a 1 liter pot, in locally sold full organic soil that is made for sprouts/seedlings. And therefor it does not have much to brag about when it comes to NPK.
    But it works perfectly when you're growing from seed. All I have to do is to add some BioGrow at 1/4 solution to each watering.

Later I will re-pot into a 15 liter pot, might use a 7 liter first, depending on the progress of this little lady. Which will be filled with another locally sold full organic soil made for herbs and vegetables.
    In both of these mixes I'm adding 2/7 parts of Perlite and 1/7 part of Vermiculite.

The plan is to top this one after the 5th pair of leaf-sets, and soon after that tie her down with some light LST for a few rounds of leaves. And when she has been re-potted to the final pot, I will start a ScroG, which I will use until harvest.

This way I plan on taking full advantage of my space and light, since this is a small grow that is only supposed to supply me and my girlfriends daily consume.
    So I'm hoping for 80 grams, but it would be nice to come close to 1g/W. But .75g/W will also suffice. Because I've bought a Bubble bag 8 piece set, which I plan on run my trim through, and maybe the least dankest weed. Making some bubble hash and that way the toal amount will be a few grams higher (Hopefully!)

That about covers the project this far. Any questions, feel free to ask. I'm far from a experienced grower, but I have common sense. So hopefully this will be another successful grow!

Here is the little one. Only 12 days old!

Peace!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cocho; 12-04-2017, 01:32 PM.

Hey Cocho ! Welcome to the forum. Good to have another organic soil grower. We learn a lot from each other, both soil and hydro guys/gals together. I dont want to dampen any of your DIY super soil or nutrient fever, ( I have plenty myself) but one thing you might consider is KindSoil. Its a little spendy but damn, ive tossed just about all my organic nutes. Its freakin magic. I use it as directed but use my own mix as a top dressing. I have said goodbye to ph and deficiency problems. Just a thought.......BTW I have no business connection with this product.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Canyon Grower View Post
      Hey Cocho ! Welcome to the forum. Good to have another organic soil grower. We learn a lot from each other, both soil and hydro guys/gals together. I dont want to dampen any of your DIY super soil or nutrient fever, ( I have plenty myself) but one thing you might consider is KindSoil. Its a little spendy but damn, ive tossed just about all my organic nutes. Its freakin magic. I use it as directed but use my own mix as a top dressing. I have said goodbye to ph and deficiency problems. Just a thought.......BTW I have no business connection with this product.
      Hey! And thank you

I'm planning on looking for something along those lines when the spring comes around again. Where I am it's pretty freezing cold, and the winter last from October until April, so the best types of soil are only available during the summer months. And a lot of the products you have in the states, Canada or a lot of other places on the globe, are not available to me where I live. So I kind of have to use what I'm given, or order online. But a 50 liter bag of soil will cost me a pretty penny in shipping. So the plan for next year is to make my own super soil, since that is the best alternative I have. Unless I want to spend huge amount of money ordering soil of the internet. I've also looked in to Plagron. Which might be a suitable alternative for the next round. But first I will see how this grow goes, since the soil I'm planning to re-pot in, has a better NPK than the one I'm currently using.

Most of the locally produced products are pretty good compared to the international standard anyway, since I'm living in a country with little pollution, fresh air and water. So the locally produced soil often comes from certificated farms, which makes their livelihood growing stuff and feeding stuff with products from said soil. So the cheese, vegetables, corn, meat, eggs etc. are all organically grown/bread.

But then again.. that is for future me to worry about

I forgot to mention that the pH of my soil is 6,5, and due to the microorganisms and structures in the soil, it actually does a pretty good job on maintaining that value all on its own.
      I've never had to adjust it. But then again the tap water here is also pretty good.

Comment

• Canyon Grower
        Canyon Grower commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like you have done your research. I hope you update us on your super soil next summer. There will be many interested folks here for you to share with. Keep us updated and good luck.

Welcome Cocho, this is a great place to be full of knowledgeable, experienced, compassionate Growers. Between the website and the Forum you're covered can all the instances that may arise.
      I just fished 1 Aurora Indica and start 3 more to the flower tent. It's a good grow
      see you around the grow room.
      Mr.F
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Canyon Grower
        Canyon Grower commented
        Editing a comment
        So what do you think of the A. Indica? I have some seeds on order but dont have em yet. 😠

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Good. Nice tight medium dense nugs I only topped once, LST till flower then I let go. Very bushy results from this method 56g. Small buds, 40g. Medium buds, 39g. Colas. Was more on the scale then it looked on the plant. That gets a A+, controllable size in a common tent size A. The smoke wasn't good off the early cuts, C. BUT is better tasting with a full dry/cure, it's very mellow now with good calming effects A-, lots of growth very soft skin plant.
        I have 3 that just went in the flowering tent so I have more to play with this run, to see if it will yield higher or lower.
        Mr.Furley recommended

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        And......and flower time was 30-40% amber at 69 days. A+

"And since English is far from my daily spoken language, I ask you to bear with me when I'm trying to explain my day to day situation as this grow progresses throughout this Christmas and the beginning of next year"
      Hey Cocho you are doing better than many posters here whose first language is English. I can only blame America's educational system.

I have had multiple grows with Aurora Indica since my wife often uses it to combat her insomnia. Last grow I planted two of the five seeds I purchased through Seedsman. There is some variation in Nirvana's seeds. One plant was dark dark green, and the other a much lighter almost lime green. Their fragrances differed significantly as well. I used the exact same nutes on both plants and the same soil as well. In my previous grow last year the plants were almost identical. My wife hasn't tried either from this years grow as it is still in cure. I'll get back to you on the potency of these two dissimilar Auroras.
      Last edited by starramus; 12-04-2017, 08:50 PM. Reason: fat finger typo

Comment

Mr.furley Hey, thanks man. Sounds like it lives up to at least some of the hype. Im looking forward to giving it a go. However it will be an outside grow next summer. Again, thanks for the detailed assessment M.F. !!!!
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by starramus View Post
          "And since English is far from my daily spoken language, I ask you to bear with me when I'm trying to explain my day to day situation as this grow progresses throughout this Christmas and the beginning of next year"
          Hey Cocho you are doing better than many posters here whose first language is English. I can only blame America's educational system.

I have had multiple grows with Aurora Indica since my wife often uses it to combat her insomnia. Last grow I planted two of the five seeds I purchased through Seedsman. There is some variation in Nirvana's seeds. One plant was dark dark green, and the other a much lighter almost lime green. Their fragrances differed significantly as well. I used the exact same nutes on both plants and the same soil as well. In my previous grow last year the plants were almost identical. My wife hasn't tried either from this years grow as it is still in cure. I'll get back to you on the potency of these two dissimilar Auroras.
          Well.. I try. I've had the luxury of being "exposed" to English through television, social media and the internet as a whole. So I am glad I'm making sense here, and that I'm not just rambling about annoying everyone.

Yeah, when I did my research for this strains I found this extended grow journal, which contained detailed description of three different phenos. One Sativa dominant one, that turned out branchy and with long and slim fan leaves. A second one that was full on Afghan. Short and dense. And the last one, a hybrid which produce large colas. So I guess you can be lucky or unlucky, depending on how you're looking at it, when it comes to the fact that this grow might not result in the type of plant you want it to. That's why so many tend to clone the pheno they like. But I like having different stuff, changing it up etc. So I don't mind growing from seed for now. Might change later when we buy a house and I have more room to grow in. Still.. due to all the positive reviews around, I thought this would be a good strain to start up again, after a few years away from this "business". But it's good to hear that your wife uses it to cure insomnia, since that was kind of my goal too. I want this strain to have a "narcotic" effect that helps me shut down my brain and sleep.

Next round I was thinking about buying some seeds from Seedsman (or some other seed bank. Got any suggestions?), and this time go for one of those "Mix packages". But I'm not sure yet.. any suggestions for strains that does good for PTSD?

I'm thinking about giving Sativas a go again. Did a K-Train grow a few years back. Worked well as a motivational smoke, when you want to get stuff done. But I'm really out of practice, so all the help you guys can give me will be received and appreciated from the bottom of my heart!

Comment

What I have seen in my previous grows are the hybrid pheno producing the large colas. The light green plant from this year I would surmise is the sativa dominant pheno you spoke of. I will sample that to check it for a sativa like effect. I have yet to see the Afghan pheno from around 15 different plants. For variety of strains I would stick with Seedsman. If they are out of a specific strain you are looking for they will notify you via email when they are back in stock. I picked up some White Russian seeds towards the end of this season from Seedsman. They have been hard to find as Serious Seeds their breeder does not ship directly to the U.S. The White Russian strain might alleviate some of the symptoms of PTSD or at least reduce them to some extent.

Queen Aurora in full glory under an HPS from my 2015 grow. A very heavy producer.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by starramus; 12-04-2017, 11:29 PM. Reason: added photo

Comment

Yeah, I think the hybrid is the most common one. And I've only seen the Afghan pheno being mentioned in one log. So I guess that one might be rare? I'm not sure.. but I'm hoping mine turns out to be a hybrid.
              Been looking forward to tasting the results in the future. Yeah, I think I will go for Seedsman next time. The reason I've been using Seedsman and Nirvana, is because both those two have good prices, good genetics and they ship your order discrete and safe. Which is important to me, since Cannabis is illegal where I live. So the better chance I have on getting the seeds in to the country, the better.

I've also been thinking about the different types of nutrients. I've always used BioBizz, and never had any complaints about them. But I've been told to check out General Organics and Plant Magic. Both of them are supposed to be better than BioBizz. Any of you have anything to add to this "statement"? Because if they're not, I will just continue using BioBizz.
              Last edited by Cocho; 12-05-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

A fast update. Went in to my tent an hour ago, just to look after the little one. I find it therapeutic just to sit there and watch. And as normal I picked up the pot, just to feel the weight, since water day would be upon us in the next day or two. But this time I noticed a tiny little tap root, that I did not see this morning.Seams like things are happening here, at an accelerating speed i must add. So in all haste I went through my stuff, looking for a suitable pot. The original plan was to visit the gardening center before the weekend, and buy a 7-8 liter pot. But since tomorrow will be a busy day, due to Christmas preparations etc. I didn't really see how I would be able to do this in good way if I waited to tomorrow. And since the tap root was showing, I could not afford to wait 2 days. So I just made a judgement call, and decided to re-pot today.

So now the little lady is standing in a 15 liter pot, with all new all organic soil. I did water a bit, but not so much that it came through the bottom. Since the plant still is so small, I don't want to over do it with the water and cause mold and other nasty stuff. So the following days will be a little different, and I might end up watering her a little every day. Time will show.

So that's all the events of the day.. I'll add a picture just for the fun of it. Nothing interesting to see tho, but still.. I like keeping a detailed log for later references etc.

Have a good day folks!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Cocho; 12-05-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Cocho, it is very therapeutic to you and your plants to visit them. I sit there for hours, I call it Smell-o-vision.
                  watch your watering this is the most common time for overwatering to occur due to them not needing much compared to pot size.
                  Girls are looking good thanks for the update.
                  Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-05-2017, 04:59 PM.
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hello Cocho, your English is a hellava lot better than mine, I can promise you.
                    Yeah like MrFurley said ,plants your size don't require much water at all, maybe a half cup every 2-3 days watered in a little circle around the plant is all they need.
                    And if your growing in supersoil, if you water till runoff, your washing away all the good stuff in the soil.
                    I can tell your gonna do a great job of growing that young lady.
                    Welcome to GWE.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• Cocho
                      Cocho commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey, and thank you!

I watered her with 5dl (17oz), but I made sure to cover all of the soil (15 liter pot, 4 gallons), since I want it to be even, and because I guess some of the roots will grow out to the sides, and I don't want the soil to be too dry. So I'll wait 4-5 days before I water again. Unless she dries up faster than expected.

I'm not sure if it can be called supersoil, because i believe it will require me to add nutrients to my watering schedule. All though I'm not 100% sure how it will progress, since this is my first time using this type of soil. But I still don't want to water too much, so I wont water until runoff just yet. And later in the grow, when I do, I'll keep it at 10-20%.

I did not add any nutrients this time. I want to observe how she reacts to the new soil first. And I'm hoping she will explode and grow 10 more pairs of leaves in no time because she sure should feel good during the next few days.

The conditions inside the tent about an hour after I re-potted her was 26C/79F and 60%RH, with a light breeze from the circulation fan.
                      I believe that to be pretty decent considering the dry air we're having here during the winter.

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah it sounds just right for her, in any decent soil they normally don't need any nutrients till about 30 days, but you will be able to look at her and tell when it's time to start feeding her. Good Luck Cocho

Today when I woke up I peaked my head in the tent, just to see how she was doing. My expectations where that she would be "hanging her head" due to the "trauma" of being transplanted.
                    But it looks like she's a sturdy one this little girl, and she did not look bothered at all. It was like she has been living in that pot from the beginning.
                    I'm still expecting some "decrease" during the day. It's only normal, but time will show.

The main thing here is that she feels good, and that I give her time to get comfortable in her new pot

The humidity is a little lower today, but I guess the high RH last night came from the moist soil. And I guess I'll see a slow decline in RH throughout this day.
                    But as long as I can keep it at ~45% RH, I'm good

So what do you guys think I can expect the days to come?

Comment

I was checking the conditions today, to see how well the pot dries up. And it looks good. The RH dropped from 60% yesterday to 47% today.
                      Still good, and it's also good to know that the pot will do such a great job of keeping the tent humid.
                      But I also noticed that the first pair of leaves have some weird stuff going on. They've been kind of oddly shaped since the beginning, so I bet they're fine.

Orange circle is the oddly shapes, and blue is some strange coloring. It might look like minerals from the water they got on them when I sprayed the soil.
                      I'm not sure. But I'll keep watching her, and by the next time I water her I'll know whether or not to add nutrients.

Time will show!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Morning Cocho, yeah, I've had a bunch of young plants have odd looking leaves ,I noticed yours in your first picture, i don't know what causes that, but it ain't nothing to worry about, especially since you know how to tell if a problem arises, it's really hard to mess up in soil, as long as your water is phed right. She is fixing to start growing good in a few days, Good Luck.
                        Cfls for a week or two
                        315lec for everything else
                        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                        36x36x63 inch tent.
                        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                        Smart pots
                        Molasses
                        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X