[Building] First closet, 1.5m x 0.6m, 300W HPS, 4 buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, good news !

Mainlining went really good and I took advantage of topping to make some clones which seems to be healthy. Right now they are into a dark place to make some roots.
    I made a new watering system to avoid having a pump inside bucket and getting it clogged with roots (yep, it happened once).

After failing two times, this grow is going well

Comment

Hey Space Cat, sorry for the absence. How are your roots? The picture with the brown, while brown, doesn't really look like root rot to me.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• SpaceCat
        SpaceCat commented
        Editing a comment
        I answered in my next post. What about the leaves ? It might be calcium deficiency doesn't it ?

I was adviced to use peroxyd hydrogen for a week and then adding some positive bacterias. Roots look good, I don't know if it's rot or something else but I filled buckets with 10L each instead of 5L.

It might be due to air inside bucket because it was only half filled.

However, things are doing good ! Black destroyer is the most successful and 4 of 6 clones survived (I didn't use clone gel, only plain water and rapid rooter).

I am still waiting for White widow to grow a bit and I will switch to bloom in the next 10 days.

Comment

We are in the last days of growing, soon will be time of flowering ! I will switch to 12/12 on sat 28th in the morning in order to change light bulbs.
        I also added 5mL/L of formulex as well as 0.3gr/L of Elycitor, containing trichodermas, bacillus and acids.

I wonder if I should defoliate my plants, at least removing big fan leaves and unlightened leaves. Is it a good idea ?

Finally, I will use colloidal silver on my clones, provided I can recognize each strain (3 BD and 1 WW).

Keep growing !

Comment

And here we are, I switched to 12/12 !

It was not an easy task but I managed to change bulbs, defoliate, reset timer and change phed water. BD is going so big that I might lower the plank.

I made a bit of colloidal silver in order to get feminized pollen from big plants. Unfortunately I have no spare room for clones so they will bloom as well as thei big sisters.

Seeds were started on 02/22 and I switched to 12/12 on 04/21. It took ages because of lack of oxygen and plants were in 10L buckets to start.
          This will change in the next grow. I realized that my apple marmelade jars had an opening of the same size as my nets, it will be perfect to start 8 next ones

That's it, enjoy the latest set of pictures

Comment

12/12 is going well

First pistils are coming...

Comment

Third week is over and small leaves are showing a small white cover

Comment

Looking good spacecat.
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• SpaceCat
                  SpaceCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not that white widow is small but black destroyer is totally out of control.
                  However, I broke one of its main branch when it was young so it didn't grow as expected.

Your plants look nice and I really like your setup . My first grow was a closet setup a few years ago . I wouldn’t even call it a grow . More of a random seed that sprouted in my yard that I moved to a closet lol but yours is so nice and cosmetically appealing. Im on what I consider my first real grow and it is so much fun to grow something from nothing , and I feel like a mad scientist when I’m mixing nutes . This hydro is a learning experience for sure but a lot of fun . I look forward to seeing you girls at harvest . Good luck . 🍀
                DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• SpaceCat
                  SpaceCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for your kind words ! I started with a few clones given by my mum but they turned out to be males.
                  When I moved to this new place there was this entrance closet with perfect size as well as intraction and extraction from building aeration system.

We use a similar size of buckets but you have more light power. I will follow your mad scientist experience !

Bad news for my closet
                When I changed water I forgot to plug air pump and I only noticed 4 days later. Moreover I had to help a friend for 2 days and couldn't make my weekly fresh PHed water.

Leaves started to turn yellow with a lot of dark spots so I took a long time to clean my whole setup as well as plant roots (with care) and I flushed a lot of brown water. Then, like a mad scientist, I prepared some clean PHed water with beneficial bacterias and put everything back in the closet.

During these operation I slightly broke two small branches so I used tape and plastic to make a branch-splint.

It's been three days and they are slowly recovering but some leaves didn't make it. Only clones look healthy like nothing happened.

I hope they will be greener than ever by next saturday !

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                  DankwingDuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m sry about your plants I hope they make a full recover.

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry to hear about your troubles, these are amazing plants and will bounce back with the right care. good job on the save.

• SpaceCat
                  SpaceCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It took 2 weeks but they now recovered. Take a look at the latest post

It's been almost 2 week since lack of oxygen and roots troubles. Plants now seem to have recovered and they are slowly growing pistils and trichomes.

They made new root so I could get rid of dark ones. The whole setup is now cleaned and ready for the last 3 weeks.

I ordered the next set of seeds but I still don't know which will be germinated first :
                CBD Critical Cure - Caremella - Purple Haze - Black Destroyer - Amnesia Lemon Kush

See you soon !

Comment

Plants feel good now and they are slowly growing nice clear trichomes (and some cat hairs too)

There might be 1-3 weeks left !
                  Last edited by SpaceCat; 06-13-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

This is the last run ! Both plants start to have amber trichomes, mostly on leaves so I have to wait more. Around 10 days I think.

Also, I made a few photos of their tiny flowers <3

Comment

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks good Spacecat, remember to look at the trichomes on the bud itself not on the leaf for doneness.

• SpaceCat
                      SpaceCat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the advice. That's was I thought too, even if leaves trichomes are turning amber, ones from buds are mostly crystal clear.
                      Lucky me, I won this macro lens in a local sport turnament.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X