No announcement yet.

Californiakid's 2nd auto journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to water this morning and when I removed the yellow sticky cards from the base of the plants, a couple had what looked like a dusting of cayenne pepper. I mean very faint. Upon closer inspection, 100x scope, I saw MITES. I have been suspecting but couldn't find any, but did see leaf damage. Never seen a web anywhere.

Watered and left for work bummed. Plants are almost done, but I worry about losing it at the last minute.
    At work I started looking at pictures on the internet of spider mites and predator mites.
    I feel better, my yellow card residents look like predator mites. So they my have eaten any mites if there was any, but they may be dinning on thrips. I do have a minor issues with thrips from time to time. So I will be hovering checking on things intently for the remainder of this run, to ensure that these bugs aren't up to no good.

Thankfully Paracelsus has been sharing lots of great info on organic gardening. I will strengthen my playbook for resistance for the next grow. IPM and vermiculture are in the works.

And I'll try to get pictures this evening of the bugs in question.
    Last edited by Californiakid; 04-10-2018, 03:32 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't you just LOVE carniverous mites???

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      We have persimilis mites (predatory) at work which I wouldn't mind if some hitched a ride home on me but we also have thrips, gnats, powdery mildew, botrytis plus a heap of other shit I don't want to bring home. I never go near my indoor plants without showering and putting on clean clothes if I've gone outside of the house since my last shower & clothes change.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      My worm pops his head up once in a while & rummages underneath the whatever leaves I throw on top in fact I put the trimmings from now when I lollipop the plants right in the soil. What are use cilantro mint parsley malted barley powder malted barley powder big big ingredient i
      In the soil and is as an amendment and to top dress

Part of a 1 inch square on a yellow sticky card, zoomed in 8x with my phone's camera. I haven't been stable enough or patient enough to take a magnified picture .

Comment

Took Critical Kush in 2 wacks a week apart. Just jarred the second and final cut. First cut dried at 24g. 2nd didn't get weighed, but I'll burp in the a.m. check weights when not too busy.

Comment

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your style. Good idea on the cardboard box I like how you stick the stems through the roof to hang. My air is the opposite: too wet. But I find if I snip the leaves off the juice that seeps out causes bud rot / mold. So I hang with big leaves on too.

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        KingKush I use binder clips outside on top of the box clipped to a little stem. So when they shrink, they don't fall out.

I think people have said it already, but looking at my plants past and current, my seeds must have gotten mixed up when repackaged for shipping stealth. Lol

My last CK looks nothing like this run. It looked more like what the purple mazar was supposed to be. The purple mazar ended up being lemon haze (sativa). The sativa was for an outdoor grow. Argh! So I still have a big grab bag of expensive mystery seeds. I might as well have stuck with bagseed. Same mystery.!but no extra money.

Rant over.
      Anyways enough bitching...
      its great smoke.
      lots of amber trichs ....nite nite

Comment

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Kinda screws with any kinda plan you have for them.

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly my point @RosettaStoned.
        I thought I was really screwing up somehow, turns out I wasn't growing what I thought. Sure explains a lot.

Should I bring it up to seedsman? Ask them to replace the order(or close to it) with correctly labelled seeds. I would be happy if I just got replacements for the ones I paid for, not the freebies. I don't mind getting what I pay for, but I expect what I paid for. Am I wrong? I don't like complaining...

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re totally in the right, Seedman should make good but let them know your Reasoning and that your grow journal is on grow weed easy.com and if they do the right thing you will let everyone know and if they don’t do the right thing you will let everyone know.

Paracelsus I often hear of great customer service from seedsman. So I don't doubt once I present my case, they will make an attempt to make it right.

Comment

My email to seedsman. For my record.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes well written.

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I got an acknowledgement email saying that it was being looked into. So we will see if my word is good with them. I understand if they don't offer up too much. Anyone could say hey my seeds are mixed up send me more. But I feel I work on my honor, so we shall see.

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you expect from a bunch of stoners, I could just see them in the shipping room now coming back from lunch. Hello what should we send to this guy ha ha ha ha.

Critical Kush came out at 55.5g dry in jars.

I didn't trim too tight, so frosty, just had to leave it fluffy.

Smokes very smooth, good flavor. Heavy amber, very relaxing and calming.

still have Ripleys OG and sin trabajo bringing up the rear.

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Couple of the pint jars aren't in the picture because they're up in smoke. Lol
          They were from the first cut.

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!!!! Have a great 420😊💫🎩

Ripleys OG is nearing, but slowing to turn. Drinking heavy. May need something more than water to make it to the end. Maybe I'll bubble some tea tomorrow for Sunday.

Smells strong. Very sticky. Fat buds. I can hardly wait.

Comment

Sin Trabajo is filling out pretty good. Heavy chem smell or is it dieselish? That one was running out of groceries in the dirt for awhile before I gave it some goodies. So its got much better color now.

Strong smell. Very sticky. Looks like going to be nice sized nugs.

This is the only seed that was shipped in it original packaging.

Note: more kindsoil/ bigger pot

Comment

• KingKush
            KingKush commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice and phat, chunky nugs!

Ripleys OG is clouding up, waiting for amber.

Even Sin Trabajo is working its way up to harvest.

Comment

I keep calling these plants the names on the packaging from seedsman, but they have been repackaged for shipping. So given the last couple of grows these seeds got their labels mixed up. Sin Trabajo is the only seed in its original packaging out of 30 seeds. Which is a bummer, because if I reorder because I like certain strains I likely won't get what I think I want because it was mislabeled.

Seedsman is no doubt really busy from the 420 sale, but haven't heard anything since the email that acknowledged they got my email. That was a week ago.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
              RosettaStoned commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to wonder how often this happens, at any seed bank....

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              That sucks, have you tried Ocean Grown? They have some new strains along with their original OG’s. Nothing but good things from them past three orders.
              Password Timber
              Exclusive distributor of Ocean Grown Seeds. Your source for highly hybridized seeds; craft genetics from artisan breeders.

2 weeks without an update, so I sent a polite reminder.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
              RosettaStoned commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope you hear back

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks RosettaStoned, me too.
              I really like their website setup, selection, and history. I'm not a big spender compared to some, but what I do spend on my seeds is a big investment for me.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey CaliKid, man I sure hope you get your order. That's what aggravates me is when they want respond, lol. Makes me want to do business elsewhere, but Seedsman has got them all beat with their freebies.
              Hope you get them.

The plant known as Ripleys OG, pretty sure its not, is sticky. I mean sticky ! The flavor on the chemical side, not fruity at all.

Would like to know what it is and grow more. Lol
            The sample bud and scissor hash are great. Tons of trichs. Great relaxing brainy high.
            Man I'm starting to get irritated the more I grow of my seed purchase from seedsman, I like this strain a lot, but mislabeled packaging is putting marbles on my dance floor. Oh well. Life goes on. At least I still get to smoke it 😁
            Last edited by Californiakid; 05-04-2018, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice looking nugs, Calikid, Yeah I've had several orders that were messed up, lol
              That makes everything wrong, when you don't know what it is.
              Sometimes I wonder if even the seed banks know what they are sending us. That's why I think they say that there is 4-5different phenos, i have a hard time getting two of the same plants to look the same, the whole structure of the plants are different, even the leaves.lol
              Imgrowing a Ripley OG right now, but mine is an autoflower.
              Nice buds.

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Very very niceindeed😊😊 congratulations!

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice hangers!

Thank you for the nice compliments.

Comment

All dried in jars 64g. I didn't trim tight, in fact I left in long. Due to its intense sticky frost. Great smoke, flavor is building during cure. The 2 jars on the right are the jars I've been dipping into .lol yes one is empty.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the best part about dipping in to it - the stuff you haven't touched is just going to get better and better.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X