[JOURNAL] My first grow: 24"x24"x64" tent + 250W HPS + 3 Autos in 3gal pots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks D.A.A.S.69,

I just contacted the store that sold me the soil bag and they told me the soil is Sunshine Professional Growing Mix. Do you have any info on this one?

http://www.sungro.com/professional-p...unshine-mix-6/

EDIT: Actually it Contains: Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Dolomitic Limestone, Long-Lasting Wetting Agent, RESiLIENCE

so, 50% the above mix and 50% perlite
    Last edited by theblues88; 12-07-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Also, I bought the Biobizz try pack: Bio Grow, Bio Bloom and Alg a mic

Comment

• theblues88
        theblues88 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah man, unfortunately I discovered this website after purchasing my supplies Turns out it's the sunshine mix 6 + 50% perlite and it contains: Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Dolomitic Limestone, Long-Lasting Wetting Agent, RESiLIENCE

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you 88, get this, I didn't even know about the internet, except the last 2 years, kinda ruff when you don't keep up with the times, like Dylan said ,these times they are a changin.
        You will be able to tell when she needs nutrients, if you keep a close eye on her, or either just start with real small doses, if it's too much you'll see tip burn.Good luck 88.

• theblues88
        theblues88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man! I really appreciate your help and encouragement

Quick update on their progress in pictures. One of them is a bit 'special' lol

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, look at that! :P

The first one looks like it has had some kind of mutation. If you look at my grow, you'll see that the first pairs of leaves have kind of a similar look to them.
        I believe it's just some kind "flaw" when they're developing their first leaves. But that will get fixed on its own eventually

How are they looking? I think only one is growing okay, the others two are too slow??

What do you think?

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        They all look great! I love the three leafed one!!

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 88, I would think it's because they are getting their roots established growing down, in a day or two they are gonna surprise you just how fast autos can grow, sometimes if the conditions are right, they can grow 2-3 inches a day easily. Good Luck with yours 88.

The top layer of the soil was kinda of dry and the pot's weights felt lighter, so I decided to water them for the first time.

I'm not sure where I read about this strategy but decided to use 1L of water for each pot instead of waiting for the runoff at the bottom. The reason is that, since this is a big container (3 gal) for such small plants, the deeper layers were probably not dry.

Added BioGrow at 1/4 strength then adjusted the ph to 6.5

Let's see how they go. I'll add photos as soon as I can.

Edit: Read about sharing 1 gal of water between 4 plants (so roughly 1L per plant) here: http://www.growweedeasy.com/250w-hps-beginner-tutorial
      Last edited by theblues88; 12-14-2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Here are the pictures

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X