Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson learned - comedy break

Happened about 15 years ago, at Sechelt BC
    My girlfriend's (now wife) sister was living with her at the time. She smoked me up on occasions.
    So one day she comes home with a clone. Really nice looking plant. About a foot tall. She was excited cuz the guy that sold it to her - for $25.00 - also gave her some nutrients and told her how much to use.
    Off she goes to her bedroom with her new daughter. I'm hanging out with my future wife and the girls dogs.
    Then minutes later the sister comes out with the plant and a concerned look on her face. Heads to the kitchen sink and steam is beginning to emerge from the soil in the pot.
    I asked her "What happened?"
    She said "Well I thought if I gave it a lot of the nutrients with water that it would grow faster."
    At this point I'm laughing pretty hard. Sister is now at the sink with the water running and she's removing the plant from the pot.
    "I'm just going to get rid of this steaming dirt" she says
    She cleans all the dirt off the roots and turns around, showing me this once nice looking plant with spindly looking roots that have steam pouring off them. She asks "Do you think it's dead?"
    That's when I fell to the floor, I was laughing so hard.
    I said "Yes!!"

Some things in life one never forgets.

Sister-in-law brought a nice clone home and twenty minutes later it was compost. Well, not yet anyway. She put it in the dirt in the flower garden near her bedroom window. It was dead.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

No GWE site back then to educate all us dummies 😉. Great story 147.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X