I'm new to growing HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to growing HELP!

Hi so I am going through the set up faze right now. What i am struvgling with is with my carbon filter and air pump and duct. Ok so my issue is I see people lead the duct outside and let the air escape there. I am unable to lead my duct to outside. So, finally getting to my question, can I just have the carbon filter and air pump circulating air inside my grow tent?? No ducts leading out just constant filtering of the air inside. THANK YOU I really appreciate any help!!

Welcome idontknowwhatimdoing,
    you can vent the tent air out to the room your tent is in but the next problem you will need to work out is HEAT.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      idontknowwhatimdoing commented
      Editing a comment
      Will I need one of those scrOG? I just did some research on it still a little confusing. Ok I think I'm going to do 5 plants in 5 gallon geopots but I won't fill up the full 5 gallons maybe 4 gallons of the pot and I think that will be produce perfect sized plants. Also I saw what you said you do with your lights. My friend convinced me to buy the two different light types that you use. Is 1000w lights to strong for 5 plants at 16 sqft? And you use different wattage at different stages. Should I do 800w in early life and 1000w during flowering? Ok I'll ask DAAS about soil.
      Last edited by idontknowwhatimdoing; 11-29-2017, 02:32 AM.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure you could push a 1000 watt Hid light and 5 plants in a 4×4, but in my opinion it a overkill.
      Yes on the 5 gals.
      Only flower 4 plants first grow make sure it's not over crowded.
      A 600 watt lamp with the right hood is a perfect fit, not to much. You may also look at ceramic metal halogen lights or lec. You can ask Dass about them too.

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was looking at grow tents and how much people fit in there. I think 4 is perfect 5 is probably crowded. So I'll start with 4. The 1000w lights we are getting are dimmable and we are getting a good deal on them. So we will run those lights at 600w. Alright perfect I think I am about done with having everything I need to buy finally

Hello Idontknow, you ain't even gotta have it inside your tent, just in the same room is fine.Set your filter on the floor,an set your exaust fan on top of your filter-scrubber. You want have any pot smells, if you have a decent scrubber-fan. Hope that helps you some.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      Editing a comment
      Could you send me a link to those lights? So you are saying that I will need a couple of these lights because I will have 4 seeds? Also final question what kind of coco coir soil do use on top?
      Last edited by idontknowwhatimdoing; 11-30-2017, 01:12 AM.

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      Editing a comment
      Sorry one final question. You said do the bottom half of the pot super soil and top half coco. Wont the plant die because it did not get the nutrients it needs if the super soil is under all the coco???

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning IDK, you don't need any cfls, your lights will be fine.
      I use coco loco, on top of the KindSoil, it has everything already in it, but you can use any decent potting soil , stuff like FFOF or FFHF, they have nutrients already in it.

Hi there, idkwid, Have you read this page? http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

I like what you said up above about not wanting to have bugs mess up your grow--AND you don't want other preventable problems messing it up, either. The more you read about growing cannabis while you are actually doing it, the more chances you have for a problem-free grow. Although problems do pop up, and handling them is part of the art of cultivating our favorite weed.

We are all here to help each other!! ;-}
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      Editing a comment
      I have read all of those axcept the one about harvest because I'm not there yet. Just trying to get everything figured out for the grow first.

I live in a very cold County and my growing tent is currently "the house heater" I have a quality carbon filter and my "hot air" from my growing tent is pumping out in the same room, I dont even need a heater to have 25C in the room and its 10-15- C outside
    Mammoth 240L grow tent
    2x 600W hps/mh
    1x 400W hps/mh
    1x 250W LE for seeds

currently growing 10x Pineapple express auto "fast buds" in soil

Comment

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      Editing a comment
      So I see you use a different lights for seed. I am planning on starting from seeds as well but I was not aware we need a different light at a lower wattage. Any tips for growing seeds?

• Blackmidget
      Blackmidget commented
      Editing a comment
      idontknowwhatimdoing , I used a 250 W LE/MH lamp (blue light) and had it for 7 days and then i moved them to the 600 W

• idontknowwhatimdoing
      Editing a comment
      BM thanks!! I just asked DAAS about light wattage and what not, but now I have my answer thanks!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X