Little Worms in Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Worms in Reservoir

Hey guys me again and i need help again...

first You need to know what happened the last 5 or 6 week with my girls.
    i had to move, quite a distance, so i took my girls out of there comfy tent and put them into a plastic box. so nobody could see or smell them. they stayed in the box for 4 days and nights. no light and no water.
    when i arrived and i saw how miserable they looked i gave already up on them but my girlfriend told me i should at least try it. so tent back together, water in reservoir and i put them on 12/12. don't know why i did that. they are actually way to young. to my surprise they recovered quite good. lost some leaves but to me they look fine now. small but fine... the one thing i noticed was that my big girls roods got a little dark but they didn't smell or anything. so i did not pay much more attention to it. they where growing fine and i was happy. today i changed the water in the reservoir and saw this... (first 3 pics)
    i also put up some pics of my roods. the brown parts of the rood came when she was in the box for 4 days. the roods don't smell or feel slimy and since she is back in the tent she got a lot of new white roods.
    so i don't have to worry about rood rot, right ? I use to medium air pumps with large air stones. so that should be fine. my pipes are all black and i have a water pump running 24/7. so my roods should also be fine. i will also upload some pics of the girls so that you can see how they look. yes there are some burned leave tips and some yellow spots but I'm pretty sure they have them since the transport.
    but what about those worms? anyone seen them before ? can maybe a mosquito or so got into my tank and leg some eggs? is it dangerous at all ?
    I dont know guys. i cleaned the tank. kill all of the thingies i could find and have now just plain water in my reservoir because i will check tomorrow again and change it again if i have to.
    also i covered now everything where something could get into my tank my duct tape so i hope it will do it.

and like always

thanks for reading

Evening JT, I don't grow hydro, so I ain't no help, but sounds to me like you did a great job, just keeping them alive for that that many days.
    Hope you like your new house ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you like it, I stay in the country too, I ain't much of a city kind of guy.
      I bet that's where you got them worms was from it being so hot, might have even come from your towel, you reckon ?

• John_Thai
      John_Thai commented
      Editing a comment
      now when i think about it... hot clima, moist towel... have properly done more harm then good with it...
      but you saw the pics and i think they are doing ok.
      when i googled it i found one site that said i should put fish inside and they would eat the worms but that is a little to crazy for me.
      i will keep a closer look now on them again and as long as they stay as they are I'm fine.
      and thanks again for ur advises

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah after all that heck of a trip, might do great. Good Luck JT

Howdy John_Thai, I do not know what those are, but , they are most likely larvae from something (they don't look like mosquito larvae though). If You are still having a problem with them, I would recommend applying some Azamax to the reservoir water (I use 11 ml for a six gallon reservoir). It is safe to use (up to the day prior to harvest) and interferers with their egg and larval development and only needs to be used if the problem arises.
    Good luck with Your grow, and You must be doing something right to even keep them alive during a 'stressful' move!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

DW2
      hey mate, thanks for your advice but i can't get Azamax here. Amazon does not deliver coz of all the bomb attacks recently.it is against Thai Law to deliver liquits ...
      but i found out what is in Azamax and now i will try to find something like that here.
      and they r only alive because of you guys here in the forum. thanks to guys like
      D.A.A.S.69
      alltatup
      Dagmar

oldjarhead100

those guys helped me to get my little sick girl to where she is now

and of coz u mate thanks for your help

and after i changed the water and cleaned the reservoir i haven't seen more of them
      so i hope i will be fine

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad to help out, that's what We are here for, to help each other out.
        Good luck with Your grow.

• John_Thai
        John_Thai commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks a lot

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X