X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! my 1st grow. criticism welcomed and encoraged

grow room setup
    2m long. 1.8m wide and 2.2m high
    5m of 150mm black duct venting to outside threw carbon filter.
    2 90mm intake pipes drawing air threw the floor with a copper piping in them with water running threw to keep intake temps around 14degrees calsius in the middle of the day
    a 600w hdps light
    1x30cm osculating fan
    2x15cm fans 1 pointing in between light and plants and other is osculating onto the plants
    growing medium is vegetable potting mix with a 6kg bag of coarse pumice shared between them to help drainage 16L pots
    grow lush temperature controller (room stays between 24deg and 30deg celsius depending on outside temperatures and around 35-45% humidity)
    was on 18/6 light cycle.till they were at 34cm tall then changed to 12/12 (3 days ago now)
    have yellowing on the leaf tips and curling. have started working threw the 7 steps to remedy page to fix it. no luck so far. will hopfully sort it out soon tho

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello peel out and welcome to the forum, I can suggest a couple things
          1 use a flash when you take a picture under your light it will remove the black lines,
          2 we really liked pictures in natural light it really helps determine what's going on.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Some times flash doesn't get a good pic either. Try sunglasses in front of the lens.

Hi sorry about that. Can i take pictures with the lights off in there sleep time will it afect anything?

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't get in the habit of interrupting the darkness. Can you just pull them out of your tent for a picture?

Sorry all the pictures were slow to load or something. I see them now.

how do you water? How much do you water? How often?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I water 2L every 2days genrully depending on how dry the soil feels sometimes every 3rd day. iv been doing the poke finger into soil upto the first nuckle test and seeing if it feels damp or not. Then draining exsess away after 5mins. The Water ph is about 6.9 after i add the nutrients. And i just mix the water ntrient mixture in a jug and slowly tip onto top of the pot
            Last edited by Peelout; 11-25-2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Peelout
              Peelout commented
              Editing a comment
              I check it going in but i never thaught to check the run off

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok I would start there, the next tome you water if you fall between 6. And 7. (soil right?) Ph Then you need to look at the next steps, About how much runoff do you have each watering?

• Peelout
              Peelout commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea soil. And about a cups worth a plant. With 2L going each plant

some clearer photos for you

Comment

what soil is that your growing in?
              seems to be an awful lot of uncomposted sticks and debris in it
              when you water do you water untill you get runoff to about 20%
              i use a 5 gal planter and give it 1 gallon of water when it is dry nutes every 2nd watering
              4'x 6' x 8' room
              2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
              sunshine mix #4
              mega crop nutes
              current grow
              cd-1
              jack herer
              afghan kush
              green doctor

Comment

Morning Peelout, yeah looks like you need to check your run-off real good next time you water like MrFurley says, looks like you might have a slight problem with it being off.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

PH and or over feeding. Some real dark green older growth on there that seems to have been corrected. Dont overfeed.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes it does have abit of uncomposted sticks. We dont realy get any of the soils or nutients that use do over in america?? Um i have just watered. 2L and .200 came out afte 5mins. So about 10% run off. It was at 7.9? How do i fix this? Am i best just put lower ph in when feeding or should i flush heaps of water threw?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bingo! Don't panic about your soil, there is a lot of natural mumbo jumbo you can have I would suggest looking up compost tea.
                      As far as Ph, drop it in one go. Lime lemon or vinegar will naturally drop pH. Feed it at the same rate as not to wash away soil nutes " don't flush unless you can supplement the plants nutritional needs from now on".
                      Ph at 5.5, feed your 2L and ph your .200. You wand to hit the 6.5 and stay there.
                      Pls read this.

And to the guy that asked this is the soil im using. Mixed with corse pumice and these are the nutes i have on hand. Iv only used the veg and started on the terra flore one a week ago.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Evening Peelout, your plants are looking better, MrFurley is giving you some great advice, keep following his advice and you'll have some nice beautiful plants come harvest time. GoodLuck

Hey thanks for advice guys. They seem to be doing fine. Iv kept an eye on the ph leavimg the plant and its still not great i have reduced the watering solution it to 5.6 going in and its coming out at about 7.0

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X