Question about mainlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about mainlining

First post and a question. For mainlining after the first trim back to the 3rd node when do you also cut off the fan leaves for the remaining node? A few days? Wait till next trim on nodes?

All depends on the size of the growth/fan leaves. My plants at present I topped them just the other day at 3rd node, I left the fan leaves on and today with fan leaves still on I made the 2nd cut still with fan leaves attached.

I still haven't pinned them back yet to create my hub, probably ill do that in 2 or 3 days time from now and I'll cut fan Leaves off then.

In my experience with main lining it all depends on what strain you using, some grow faster than others . I usually wait till the new mains fan leaves about 2 to 3 inches before removing older fan leaves to then pin her down to create the hub.

Comment

My favorite article

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

Bubblehead
      4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
      4 Cures and a Life time gardener
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Originally posted by Karlee View Post
        My favorite article

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

Mine also, totally transformed my growing to another level.

Comment

• MoreNurgzPlz
          MoreNurgzPlz commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, great article. I'm looking forward to trying out the new revised version, up until now I've been topping 3x to get 8 colas. Topping 1x for 8 colas sounds like it could save weeks.

• Glaschu
          Glaschu commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't come across the revised version yet, one cut gives you 8 mains ? I don't know how that could be possible, I'm off now to read it

• Glaschu
          Glaschu commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for bringing that new revised version to my know, I read Nugbuckets method last week but never noticed Nebulas new method. I'm going to have a proper read of it later. Thanks.

green!!!!!!

Comment

I ALWAYS leave the fan leaves ON the newly created main colas until it's time to top them again. I'll cut them off when I re-create the new mains. But one time I did a side by side with 2 girls same strain same light same tent and on 1 I left fans on the other I stripped down to nothing except growth tips. I topped 3 times for 8 mains. Twice the one with the fans left in was ready for topping a whole day before the stripped one. So that's 2 days worth of electricity bills, 2 days faster to light switch, 2 days off of overall time from seed planting to plant harvest ect. 2 days doesn't sound like much, but when all u gotta do is leave a few extra leaves on for a week or so each time it's so easy it's a no brainer

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Great experiment and write-up! Thanks for sharing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X