Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Not sure what is happening

Hey guys,

noticed last night some leaves were changing now entire stems look like their dying... Not sure the issue.
    i water every 3 days. PH was a bit off rectified that. I cant move them unfortunately. The lowest stems are effected the most.
    at day 53 flower
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20171122_090338_vHDR_On_p.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	147686Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20171122_090323_vHDR_On_p.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	147687
    Last edited by Euroaznscotty; 11-22-2017, 11:29 AM.

Looks like a Magnesium def at first glance. I would ride it out with the corrected ph and see if that fixes the problem. The ph being off is a very common cause for problems.
    Current grow:
    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

Alright. Ill give it a go, just worried because I estimate 3 more weeks for flower and at this rate it'll be dead in a week

Comment

Just try not to do to much "fixing" at once. She is already stressed and trying to change to many things at once will only hurt her more. What medium are you growing in?
        Current grow:
        Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

My guess would be Potassium deficiency this late in the grow, but it actually looks more like light burn. HOWEVER, if your ph has been off (I assume too low) that is the most likely candidate.

Flush if in coco.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Agentbuckwold3
            Agentbuckwold3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed if Coco do a flush if the ph fix doesn't solve the problem.

I'm growing in soil. The problems didn't start showing till yesterday.
          i did raise my light up 4 inches yesterday. My first thought was light burn and wind burn.

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya, I was thinking they look burned or dried out. Heat,light or water. What light and how close?

1000w hps at 10 inches

Comment

• Agentbuckwold3
            Agentbuckwold3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Shew that's a monster. I would say it's a safe bet that had something to do with the crispier leaves.

1000w hps at 10 inches

That's a toaster oven. I have a 315 CMH at 22-28 inches.

Comment

Its backed off now, it is a 1000w hps air cooled. I don't get any "back of hand test" heat at 4 inches. 4 inches its warm but not uncomfortable

Comment

Sure looks like heat to me , but have you checked for bugs real, real close, they can kill a plant in a day or two.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

I have checked for bugs with a loupe. None that I could see. I'm thinking light and heat stress combined with off PH. Backed the light off to 20 inches, and stopped the fan from going over them.

will give it a couple days

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My 600 hps is at 18" and sometimes it seems to close.

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with MrFurley, and I'm also glad it ain't bugs, I bet she does much better with your adjustments. Good Luck with her.

Thanks all. Bit of a surprise this morning when I saw it, especially with those buds themselves drooping

Comment

10 inches is waaaay to close for a 1000 watt hps for most strains with no co2. It doesnt matter if its air cooled or not. That damage doesnt happen overnight from Nutrient deficiency. thats why I said heat , light, water. Here's a chart to help with distances.

Comment

Agreed Dutchman, during my last stretch The 600w was only 12" away sometime, as soon as the stretch ended around week 5 and my buds started fattening up my top colas start to grow sideways to Xscape all the lux ( was reading 100k ) and I moved my light to 18". All that and it's a air cooled with glass that diffuse the Lux can't imagine the par of an open thousand watt withing 10".
                    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Dutchman1
                      Dutchman1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mr Furley, do you find you often need to raise your lights later in flower? I have had to do that twice now and wasnt expecting it. I thought you just kinda just kept sneaking them down in flower.

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I have ignored my light after week 7 and figured it stopped growing and all of a sudden I notice its going to have to move up a little more, I have height restrictions so at one point I loose measurement and it's bending and lean. But yes I find growth in flowering after the stretch. Of course the best way to hit that "SWEET SPOT" is a Lux meter and find 75k-85k.

• Dutchman1
                      Dutchman1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info 8-) .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X