First grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow

So I have started my first grow. It is indoors. I am 5 days into it and would just like to know how I'm doing. If I need to change anything. Or any other advice. I am going to post a pic from the fourth and fifth day.

Hello toxicgrower ,looks to me like your are doing fine, you can mist that seed hull and it will come right off, just be gentle.
    Your going to do great, good luck and happy growing. And welcome to GWE
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-20-2017, 07:48 PM.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• ToxicGrower
      ToxicGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      So I am 11 days into it and would like to know what everyone's thoughts are. Is it doing good. It's starting to smell like cannabis.

Looks good to me. I grow in hydro and i am a noob so not much help with soil grows. welcome to the wonderful world of growing. keep asking questions.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Yeah I finally got the hull off right after I took that pic...just pried it a little with a needle and it popped right off. It's hard for me a little to tell if it turning colors or not bc I'm partially color blind. My girlfriend and I are growing this though. So she helps me out. Nice to hear from others also though.

Comment

• TheGreenGiggler
        TheGreenGiggler commented
        Editing a comment
        I will wait till day two and if the hul is still on I give it a nudge with a sterile pin.... just a nudge though if it doesn’t move I will wait a few more days. Nothing like being to over aggressive and nocking the little ones over!

So when should I start doing nutes and what kind would y'all suggest

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        No nutes for a while at least 3 weeks depending on what type of soil your using ? And always ph your water to 6.3 to 6.5 for soil grow ( this is very important) to grow good.

Nicely done, wish u luck an welcome to the show, keep her warm and don’t overwater her and she will respond. Lol

Comment

Gday T.G welcome. When to begin feeding the little darlins depends on the quality of your soil, a good enriched type can sustain seedlings for weeks,it all depends. And as for type of nutrients...well thats an age old argument among growers. Read Nebulas tutorial on growing basics. Then you can Hang a list on the wall and throw a dart. Have fun on your grow.

Comment

I am using fox farms with a 50/50 perlite for drainage and better oxygen to roots. I haven't been overwatering i don't blv...i just keep the soil around it moist but I don't water directly onto it and it's working so far. I checked my soil when I first got it and I think it was at just barely above 7.0 I'll check it again when I get home. If it is still at the barely above 7.0 should I lower it. And what would u recommend for lowering it
          Last edited by ToxicGrower; 11-21-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• ToxicGrower
            ToxicGrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok will try that thx

• Newf
            Newf commented
            Editing a comment
            You can use "pH Down" if you can find it (any grow shop or online). This is very potent. I use about 8 drops in a gallon of water to get the pH about 6.4. You do not need a big bottle (I made that mistake 6 grows ago and still have more than 2/3rds of the bottle left.) When you start adding nutes (after 3 weeks or so) these will also affect the pH. (most high nitrogen flower stage nutes will lower the pH by themselves, others may bring it up or down so you have to experiment a bit). How are you checking your pH (meter? test strips or drops?) . Best of luck to you with your first (of many) grows. You are in the right place for everything you will need to know.

• ToxicGrower
            ToxicGrower commented
            Editing a comment
            I checked it by drops. I have a aquarium test kit and I used the ph tester in it. And then i have a soil ph tester to test it with. It tests the water and soil together.

So I will be switching to a bigger grow closet that I will be making out of boxes it will prolly be close to 6 foot tall. Right now the seedling is in a tote. I have a 15 watt led light bulb in it. And it is lined in aluminum foil to help get brighter. The box build will be lined in foil as well. The box build will be 2.2 square foot. How much light do I need for the 2.2 square foot box grow closet. Will the led I have work. I really wanna stick to leds for the low heat. I need recommendations on good lights to use also please.

Comment

So I am 11 days into it and would like to know what everyone's thoughts are. Is it doing good. It's starting to smell like cannabis.

Comment

Hello TG, yes it looks like you and your girlfriend have been doing a good job, pretty, keep it up she's gonna get big before you know it.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok of u can't see it then it's probably not an issue.Thank you

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Three days is fine if you water right before you go. I rarely water even twice a week with my inside grows.

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I was thinking it would be...right now I'm watering nightly but in small amounts that way it can get the biggest oxygen exchange. By then it should be big enough to support a heavier watering.

Got my light ordered today. Went with viparspectra 300 watt leds. And I ordered my nutes today also. It will all be here Sunday. I went with general hydroponics nutes off of someone's recomendation. I posted a picture of her today with this post. How is she looking?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey TG, glad you got your new light, she will love the light,
                You 2 are doing great, keep it up, be careful with the distance of the light from your plant, 18-22 inches away should be OK.

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking real good so far! Keep a close eye on her but try not to stress over every little thing (easier said than done) and you'll do great!

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Thx daas and aloner. I'm really enjoying seeing this process of making this beautiful flower.

So I have been looking into getting the most out of my plant. To me it seems that low stress training would be the best for the autoflower because topping will slow down growth till it repairs itself. Since it has a set veg time u can't let it repair and grow again before u flower it. Is this sound about right. Or is topping ok with an auto flower. And does lst really work good?

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Some say yes, others say no. The bottom line though is an auto needs to be really healthy to top it and get away with it.

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok thank you Dutchman...i think I'm just gonna try the lst for now. When I get through these autos I'm think I'm gonna do a photo and mainline it. That looks awesome. By then I will have a real tent and all

So I got her under her new lights and in her final home yesterday. Went with the viparspectra 300 watt led grow light. Got nutrients started yesterday as well. How long does it take signs of nutrient burn to show. I know she isn't yet but I wanna know when to be expecting it if she is getting to much. How does everyone think she looks?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                20-24 hours later you will see tip burn if you gave her to much. Some autos don't like alot of nutrients an some do.

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok it's been about 24 hours now so I should be ok then. Thx

So my plant is 22 days old today. I have noticed the growth has seemed to slow. Over the past two days it hasn't moved much. Is this seem normal. Could something be wrong here. I posted two pics. One from tues day and one from today.

Comment

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok thx Dutchman for setting me right on this. Thx for helping me out along the way. I hope she thrives now. Some of her bottom leaves were getting droopy before the transplant

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't wait to hear what happens within the next week. Keep us informed please ☺

• ToxicGrower
                ToxicGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                So I think I have a flower starting. Can someone confirm this. This is two days after the transplant. I thought it went into shock bc nothing happened for a while. But it seems to have grown about an inch or so last night. I added 2 photos. How does she look? Healthy?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X