A little guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little guidance

This is my first grow and it's going pretty well despite a few hiccups. To start off I'm doing dwc and using two tents, one flower one veg. I have two 600 watt hps in my flower tent. There is two 150 hps and a 250 hps in my veg tent. Obviously that creates a lot of heat so I put a portable AC unit between them and made some duct work out of foil lined foam board to feed them. Also put a return, from each tent, back to the unit. The veg tent has a fresh air passive intake and a six inch inline fan which feeds into the flower tent. The flower tent has a six inch inline moving air back to the AC unit and a four inch 200 cfm fan moving the air outside. Works great but high electricity costs. The tents stay around mid seventies by the plants and my water is in the 60s, with the return air in the 80s. Now I have built a room (13' 6" x 14' x 7') for the grow and want to stop using the ac unit. It is in my basement. The air temp down there is a constant 73 degrees. I put a six inch 420 cfm fan with a carbon filter in the room.
    last night I pulled the unit and was seeing the temps I get in there and now the tents are in the 80s, top and bottom. I was going to pull all my veg plants out and use the room for the veg cycle. Then use both tents to flower. The problem is they are getting real hot now.
    This is where I am now. Trying to figure out how to keep it cool in there without the AC unit. I would pull my flower too but they are in a trellis and can't be moved easily...or at all. Any ideas? If it's use the AC unit then I'll have to find a way to vent and scrub the hot air. Or maybe move the whole flower tent somewhere in the room and hand some panda around it to keep the darkness. Any help is appreciated 😁
    If you need any pictures or have more questions I'll be happy to oblige
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

I personal think u should have started small then expanded as u got more experienced u will need the ac unit cause all the Lights are gonna heat ur basement up. Wheather u want it to or not .if it's really cold out pump air in from there that will save ac my grow is in my basement too i just pipe in air from outside u could use the one 250 watt to veg quite a few plants so u really don't need the smaller ones and the 1 600 watt hps will fkower at least 4 to 6 good plants in a 4x4 area easy so over kill is ur problems in my opinion

Comment

• Jr83
      Jr83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well 2 600 watt will fkower a 8x8 tent with 10 to 12 plants and the 1 250 watt will veg a 4x4 tent Just fine try keeping it simple u brought a bazooka to a knife fight there buddy lol just dial it back a bit

• Jr83
      Jr83 commented
      Editing a comment
      How many plants u got

How big is each tent or the one room or whatever u built

Comment

Try vegging with the 250 and flower with 1 600 and 1 150 on each side of the 600 you'll yeild alot cut ur bills and heat created down and you'll have a spare 600 watt just incase

Comment

But without knowing how many plants ur gonna grow i can't really help more then that

Comment

Jr83 They are both 4x4x7 tents, the room is 13' 6" x 14' x 7' there are 3 plants in my flower tent and take up pretty much the whole tent. The veg tent has a big veg plant and eight smaller clones that just got put in. I thought of that earlier, I'll just grab a four inch inline and pump the cold air in. It's an average of 40 degrees outside right now. What if I built a hood for the flower room lights/light? I'm fairly innovative and don't see a problem building that, was also going to build a chiller for the exhaust air from the AC unit so I can recirculate that air the room. I'll change whatever you think is best. My buddy is suppose to be helping as this is his stuff but he going through a divorce and has a child. He had to stop for that reason and now has no time for my questions. So any help is greatly appreciated. Also I am going on my sixth week of flower now so definitely don't want to stress the girls
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Jr83
            Jr83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bring the 600 top 18 inches hold ur hand rut above ur canopy of its not burning ur hand it wont Burn theplants keep a fan blowing over the canopy and 1 under for the flower bring ur veg light top about 24in above the canopy monitor the same way with ur hand to make sure its not to close

• Jr83
            Jr83 commented
            Editing a comment
            I do applaud ur integrity but u can do the sane with half the lights

• Jr83
            Jr83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Its notv what i think is best you'll save a fortune in ur electric bill and get the same yield if u keep ur plants healthy you'll easily pull 300 to 600grams depend on how good ur girls grow genetics etc etc bit easily 300 grams

That’s what’s going to happen if u don’t turn down down the lights....or add carbon dioxide to the mix.my 3$

Comment

Im pullin 356watts from myv wall with led lights and I think I'll yield 4 oz maybe a bit more

Comment

Will do, thanks guys. I'll make the changes tonight and update this

Comment

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just center both lights the flower at 18 inches above the girls the veg at 24 you'll see what I'm saying and you'll save a fortune gosh i wish i had the many lights lol I'm growing on a budget i gotta wait for taxes to upgrade

Here is my flower from last week and veg tent before I put in the 250. Also there some pictures of the duct system I built for the two tents and the returns

Comment

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                B E A utiful your doing great just cut the light back center that 600 right the middle of those girls and they'll rock out I'd center things 250 also if ur plants stretch which i doubt then add 1 150 watt other them that good job a bit of nute burn bit that's ok how far into flower are u

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ur gonna get an excellent yield

I would be on a budget too if I hadn't been given all this stuff haha

Comment

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to have real friends too though .
                But yeah man ur rockin it out shit def gonna get about a half lb probably a whole lb fucking excellent I'd be lying if i said i wasn't slightly jealous

Jr83 they are going on their sixth week of flower tonight for the two in back and the smaller one in front in a week behind. One BC Pinewarp x bubblegum (left), two pineapple Express x black diesel (right). The one in back looks to be a different Geno than the one front.
              I'm using Canna nutes
              Last edited by RosettaStoned; 11-20-2017, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have u cut out ur nitrogen.ur plants are really green

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                They look great Jyst make sure u cut our least cut way down the nitrogen

You'll want to cut it down now to barely any nitrogen and mostly phosphorus and potassium

Comment

Just going by the feeding schedule. This week I add pk 13/14 and there's not a lot nitrogen in the flower nutes

Comment

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds good Just it'll make ur buds taste funny if u don't cut out completely soon maybe in week 7

Jr83 thanks for the help, I'll try and keep this updated

Comment

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Def I'd love to see it finished ur gonna do great ur a natural just like me

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X