Have you lost weight since smoking weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you lost weight since smoking weed

Has anyone else lost weight while smoking.I started smoking weed last year and I don't pay to go to the gym.just normal activity but while smoking I have lost 20lb in a year I'm down to 172
    Last edited by Wolf66; 11-27-2017, 12:37 PM.

Not one ounce.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Congrats on the weight loss! I didn't start losing weight till I got a tumor on my throat. I guess everyone does it differently.

Comment

Morning 66, been smoking a long time an I never lost any weight, I'm still about the same weight I was in high school, smoking makes me hungry as all get out though.
        I'm not trying to scare you or anything but if your not exercising or trying to lose weight, and you've lost that much weight, something might be wrong and you might better go get a checkup.
        I sure hope nothing is wrong with your health.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf66 View Post
          Has anyone else lost weight while smoking.I started smoking weed last year and I don't pay to go to the gym.just normal activity but while smoking I have lost 120 lb in a year I'm down to 172
          Um, if you lost 120 lbs with no lifestyle changes other than smoking weed, you might consider a good check up. That's 10 lbs. a month, which is substantial.
          The things that can cause that may not be very friendly over the long term.
          Or maybe you discovered a weight loss strain. If so, breed it, re brand it and get rich.
          Good luck.

Comment

I had a checkup I'm in excellent health I forgot to add the doctors have me on and it depression pills and that's what made me gain a lot of weight I quit taking the depression pills with doctor's recommendation and I just been losing weight but I do go hiking and I'm a logger which I cut trees now but for my snacks I do eat strawberries and fruits LOL that's my high
            snacks

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome that you got off the anti-depressant pills; that's what i'm going to try to do with some CBD strains.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good news, I was concerned a bit about the weight loss, those type pills are terrible, but I guarantee that cutting trees will get your ass, in shape ,an quick too.

Originally posted by Wolf66 View Post
            I had a checkup I'm in excellent health I forgot to add the doctors have me on and it depression pills and that's what made me gain a lot of weight I quit taking the depression pills with doctor's recommendation and I just been losing weight but I do go hiking and I'm a logger which I cut trees now but for my snacks I do eat strawberries and fruits LOL that's my high
            snacks
            Thank you for posting that. Now it makes sense. Smoking weed isn't the only lifestyle change you made. Congratulations on loosing the meds. The herb is probably much better for you.

Comment

U got a tape worm or something? I got the munchies just thinking about coping a buzzz....lol

Comment

Munchies are my greatest weed challenge.
                Organic only soil grower
                Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
                Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Weed is great but weight loss isn't a side effect.

Comment

I have read that cannabis can help you lose weight. I keep trying it and don't see any downward results in my weight, even changing the way I eat doesn't change my weight. Congrats on the weight loss. Glad you're healthy. Be careful cutting trees.
                    Current grow:
                    2-300w led lights
                    1- 60w cfl for germination
                    2- 5 gal fiber pots
                    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
                    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
                    Seeds:
                    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
                    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
                    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
                    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                      NebulaHaze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The people I know who lost weight after they started smoking said it helped them be less stressed out. But it didn't do anything to their appetite. The lack of stress is what helped them stick to their diet and fitness regimen. I wonder if that's what people mean when they say weed helps them lose weight.

• bluecanoe
                      bluecanoe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nebula, that makes sense. Since excess cortisol (a type of insulin and stress hormone) is released when a person is constantly stressed. That is the one reason I can't lose weight no matter how hard I try, how I change my diet or exercise. The stress is always there. Now that I am getting close to having a constant supply of de-stressor cannabis, hopefully I'll notice a decrease in my stress level and in my waistline.

I don't think there is research for this

Comment

I’ve gained about ten lbs since I started smoking regularly again. Big stoner when I was younger but as I got older I started more on the bottle and less on the smoke. Bottle had gotten a bit out of hand but I have a hell of a time falling asleep without it. Smoking takes the edge off if I’m craving a drink and helps with the sleep unfortunately it also makes Ben & Jerry’s sound amazing.
                    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
                    600w mh/hps
                    32”x32”x63” veg tent
                    viparspectra PAR 450 led
                    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
                    5 gallon Smart Pots
                    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
                    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• bluecanoe
                      bluecanoe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I never drank, but my husband did/does. After our son died he drank more, Said it helped him sleep so I understand. I hope you can get off the alcohol, that's my hope for my husband as well, now that he's got constant access to cannabis.
                      I haven't slept more than a few hours (2-3) a night in 40 years. The last grow I harvested were mystery seeds and one plant puts me to sleep in no time. I wish I knew what it was. I have slept more in the past two weeks than in 40 years, not laying in bed until dawn. I love it!
                      My weight stays the same, I keep lots of fruits around, but it really doesn't make me hungry. I might just run across a weight loss/appetite suppressant strain and become the lean, mean young thing I used to be!! LOL!

Current grow:
                      Harvested. 7+ oz wet. Largest grow yet.
                      2-auto/fem mystery seeds
                      1-300w led
                      1-small led (not sure of wattage)
                      1-60w cfl
                      floor fan, ceiling fan
                      compost/perlite
                      temp stays around 75-80
                      tent approx 2.5x3x4

I never noticed that I lost a pound of smoking. However, I'd like to bump this thread again. I was recently asked about this. Any updates here?

Comment

Never lost weight from smoking in all my 33 years.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X