Dwc question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwc question

I have been wondering at what point do u top up your res.

I let my auto pots get to about an inch deep then I fill them back up to about 2 inches under the net pot. In full flower I am doing this twice a week.

my recurculating system stays at a constant level in the root zone and I just keep my remote res full I never let the pumps pull air.

so the thing I am wondering is what is better a plant that the roots every 3 to 4 days are exposed to oxygen for long periods of time. Or if the roots are in a constant level of fluid.

what do u do and why.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

I keep mine at a mostly constant level, as far as the roots go, I have 2 airstones in each reservoir

Comment

I only top mine off when it's about half empty. I have plenty of air running into the water via a 4-port, 250l/h pump and 4 stones and it seems like the roots like the fresh air as the water level drops. If you are using a constant drip, they will still be getting moisture and nutrients but have that extra air space to breathe. Just my opinion on it. Happy growing.
      Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
      Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        My roots stay wet even when the bucket is all most empty I use 4 inch flat air stones 250 gph per bucket thanks for the info

I'll uuummm have to get back to u on that one LOL!!

Comment

That's a great question. I have yet to top off my buckets. I only have 2 plants that uptake a significant amount of water currently. Chrystal numbers 1 and 2. They are both under their net cups but still have 3 plus gallons of water left. I need to check PH and PPMs today. I have not since the res change several days ago. I visually inspect them several times daily. They look great, but starting to reach up towards the light again so I need to lower it back to 30 inches.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

I grow in 5 gallon buckets. I change the water completely every week and top off once in between (if necessary). It works like this; Saturday complete bucket change, Wednesday top off, Saturday complete bucket change, etc. That being said I really only top off plants that are in late veg or flowering. In the early weeks of flowering they really drain the water from my buckets.

Comment

• abadtrip
            abadtrip commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your response I also use 5 gal in flower and I have to add 10 liters on thursday I do my change put on Sundays.

Howdy abadtrip, I top off (fill) the reservoirs (10 gallon totes with 6 gallons used) at mid week. If the drip lines run constantly to keep the roots moist, the exposure to the air should not hurt them. With my set up, there is always about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of root exposed to the air throughout the grow.
          Good luck with Your growing.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks for all your responses i am still processing all the information.
            It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X