Use of cooler for DWC, and surplus seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of cooler for DWC, and surplus seedlings

I saw a DWC setup on your site that may have been a Sirius project. It showed a container, maybe 6" high and 12" x 18". It appeared to have six spaces for seedlings and only one small plant growing.

2 questions:

It does not appear that you have a cooler on your setup. What are your thoughts on a cooler for the roots on a DWC. I have been told by several friends that the roots like to be cool. I have had no roots problems since I started using one, but I wonder if the cooler temp may be hindering the growth.

Do you plant 6 seeds and keep only the best one? I have paid almost 10 dollars each for seeds and the thought of throwing away 50 dollars is a bit harsh. It that what you do?

. thanks for a great mag/website.

Hello osf, I installed coolers for both my DWC grow boxes, in summer I keep the temp around 68 degrees, and in winter a little higher.

I would never throw away 5 ten-dollar seeds. It depends on the size and space of your setup. My small grow box has 8 net pot holes, but I only grow 4 plants at a time or it does end up to crowded and I end up having to pull out plants (as I learned on my last grow).
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X