Re-using soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-using soil

After the harvest/drying etc can I use the same soil for the next grow? I grow outside on my terrace in five gallon pots. I don't know the make-up of the soil. A lady mixes it up for her and her husband's grow and they allow me to buy from them. We have had great luck with previous grows.
    Tks...

Aaaaaaaaaaaa nope

Comment

I would say no, you can not reuse that soil. You have depleted it for your plants to grow and unless it is the soil to replace all soils, it won't support another grow.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Zira1 One thing you can do, if you want to get another use out of it, is to pitch it in the compost pile and ammend the heck out of it. You will be utilizing its base qualities but will have to add back nutrients. I have done this before.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

I have reused soil from a unsecsesful grow that dident take,the soil was still full of nutrients but if u used for a secsesful grow than the nutrients are spent. And no good.

Comment

Re-use the soil, for sure. Give it a good flush with pH balanced water. Then you're good to grow.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Iv'e tried before .results sucked.

Comment

I usually just brush any loose soil off the outer edges of the root ball before throwing that away then add remainder to virgin soil, mix it in and let it fester in the shed for a month. Add some organic compost tea when planting and off I go.

Comment

Now that sounds like it would work adding that tea I think is the key.

Comment

• Jr83
                    Jr83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My wife said I'd never grow good bud now she's begging for harvest point is noone thinks anything can be done till someone does it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X