Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner problems

Hi Everybody,

I am a first time grower, using feminized white widow seeds I purchased in Amsterdam. I have them planted in black gold organic potting mix. The plant is in a space bucket with one intake fan and one exhaust fan. The light source is a 36w led lamp that runs 12 hours per day and is approxmately 20 inches from the plant. I am trying to water only as need using the knuckle as my guide to when to water. The leaves start out healthy but then begin to yellow then grown and curl up. The plant is about 3 weeks old and continues to produce new leaves but wtih the same result. Any ideas, I first though it was light burn and adjusted down to type of lighting I was using from 180w led but this did not help. I could really use some guidance and appreciate you input.

thanks...spinman

Give us a picture of your whole pot. Have you been giving them any nutrients ? When you water, how much water do you give them ?

Comment

Oh my, she's burning up...

If you're using nutrients, stop.

Only plain, ph 6.5 water.

Comment

Comment

The plant is in a 6 inch pot, I only started using nutrients in the past day, I didn't want to give her any too early in the grow process. Could it be the light is too close.

Comment

Do what Royal Nugs said.

Comment

That pot isn't a good size roots like to grow straight down then spread out get a better pot for her and first-aid till she is growing again. 24 hr. florescent light would be good.
              Bubblehead
              4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
              4 Cures and a Life time gardener
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

It doesn't look like light stress at all.

Its one of two things, I think.

Either your ph is off or your soil mix is too hot.

Comment

• spinman
                  spinman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  what do you mean by the soil mix being too hot

• Royal Nugs
                  Royal Nugs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too much nutrient in the soil mix. Best to start with more plain soil.

what type of pot should I have for this plant. Should it be shallower so the roots can spread out. I will test the pH in the soil and water. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

• kingfish
                  kingfish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  a black 3 gal plastic pot.

Make sure the pot you are using has good drainage

Comment

Let's start over....you wrote your light is on for 12 hrs. a day.....if so...that's wrong right there...you got her into flower cycle. She is trying to suck up all the nutes she can...your super duper organic soil is loaded with nitrogen...you gave her more nitrogen...you got her in flower so she is overdosing on nitrogen and I bet your ph is way off....so..flush her real good for about a week or two....with correct ph water..6 is the most neutral number....that is the number one rule is good ph

Don't fret tho...you got this and we all will see to it...

My $.02

Comment

• Wattze
                    Wattze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Makes complete sense, sounds good to me!

• spinman
                    spinman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    how many hours of light should I have her on at this stage

• Wattze
                    Wattze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love the 18/6 (18 on and 6 off)

It seems the dark period has been beneficial for me

It really comes down to your electric bill....photo plants light cycle for veg is 18 hrs. Of light 6 hours dark....some think plants need to rest...sleep if you will....

Plants don't sleep....just don't happen...their leaves only droop when lights are off cause there is no light to stretch to...the more they are exposed to light the more they will grow...the more they grow the more bud site they produce. Darkness just slows this process down...so many of us go 24 hours of light for veg.I

So decide if you want a couple extra bucks on your electric bill or not

Comment

I like it to develop its root growth, I feel like it takes away from the focus from the top for a bit and works on building the bottom.. you're probably right in the aspect that it grows slower with a dark period, but I got time lol

Comment

Photosynthesis stops when the light is out nothing to the plant happens at all

Comment

• Green75
                        Green75 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is not my theory that is a proven fact for all plants

• kingfish
                        kingfish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Question for you Green. How come my plants sometime grow an inch in the dark when they are in flowering.?

This is a somewhat similar article to what I have read before...I was trying to find it actually but cannot and was better detailed...but this will work for a quick read...

My theroy is and the point I was trying to make about roots as I understand it...no photosynthesis no root growth.....Plants do crazy stretch at night during flower flip I know....another good reason why stems and stalks get lanky and and unsupportive quickly till roots catch up...a plant with 24 hr.light is much stronger than a plant with a "sleep schedule"......

Shit king years and years of reading and trying new things and coming up with theories to try to prove them....all I have is experience and my own theories that I have formed from said experience.....I really don't know anything book smart wise but I can grow some Damn weed so I share my thoughts openly so I can teach and or be taught...both excites me....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X