First grow, getting ready to switch to flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, getting ready to switch to flower

This is my first attempt at growing, and I’m getting ready to switch to 12/12 in the next couple days. any suggestions appreciated. I’m using a 600w MH right now for Veg, will switch to HPS when I change to flower. Growing in Fox Farms Happy frog using the nutrient trio and feeding schedule (been doing the full amount last two weeks was doing 1/2 previously), distilled water with 1tsp/gallon calmag added with every watering. They are in in 1 gallon smart pots which I placed directly in 3 gallon smart pots. Am growing a white widow, green crack, and gorilla glue. I’ve topped them twice attempted Fimming, think I 1/2 topped half dimmed in doing so. I have one other gorilla glue in there as well that was damaged initially transplanting the clone and she hasn’t recovered well. I’ve written her off somewhat and focused on others. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks. Oh also the Fox Farms sledge hammer flush any thoughts on using this, I’ve read on other forums of people having issues with it and the nutrient schedule calls for it when you do the switch.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

This plant is very resilent they bounce back from just about anything they look great to me i don't use anything but ph water when I'm flushing or between feeding and i have no problem patience is by far u biggest ally just don't rush and you'll do great don't get too overzealous with the nutes either just pace urself and stay vigilant

Comment

• Jr83
      Jr83 commented
      Editing a comment
      A bit of nitrogen toxicty is what i see bit if the tips aren't browning ur good

Plants look real good.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jr83 View Post
      This plant is very resilent they bounce back from just about anything they look great to me i don't use anything but ph water when I'm flushing or between feeding and i have no problem patience is by far u biggest ally just don't rush and you'll do great don't get too overzealous with the nutes either just pace urself and stay vigilant
      Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on the browning. That just from too many nutes if it switches to the tips? Also right now just doing the big bloom/grow big will be adding tiger bloom. Are the other nutes in the line worth the cost. iE open sesame, boomerang, beastie bloomz. Thanks again.
      Last edited by Locrian99; 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM.
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        I use botainacare nutes and Alaskan fish fertilizer with molasses i usually nute flush nute some nute nute flush.u just gotta go with ur gut and see what works best remember u can always add more nutes bit its hard to take away.

One can give it too many nutes, be careful. Water your plant like this - nutes/nutes/flush. Let them dry right out before there next feeding.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't realize u used distilled water i just use tap water but let it set 3 days min before using. Helps Vap off most the bs in tap water works great

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Using distilled water because my well has pretty hard water. Had it tested a bit ago before I decided to grow and iron was at 3.8 PPM, I believe 4 is the max you want for watering and my overall TDS is in the 350 range. And the PH of my water at the tap is 7.3, figures just going with distilled was easier, and the iron/tds is so high I figured it wasn’t a great option. May try mixing tap and distilled with my 2nd grow and see how it works. Do 2 of the same strain try one with distilled and one with either my well water or a mix of the two, just to figure out if it’s an option. Hauling water down to the basement is kind of a pain 😀

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh i know all about hauling water my basement lol it is def a pain but u went with ur gut just supplement cal mag every watering as distilled water lacks it where tap water doesn't even so i add cal mag with every watering

On the first pic you'll see that strain loved higher nutes the second yellowed a bit but even that bit is ok as long as they aren't burning worse ur good but these are my results on my first grow by checking to make sure they're dry enough to water each time and being a bit reserved with my nutes bit above all else be patient it'll pay off at least iy is with me so far

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice hoping I end up with buds looking that good.

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Imagine my relief lol

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        U will have buds like thi3 cause u picked the right site for help

Can you plant a smart pot directly into another smart pot? Ive never heard of that.I start my seeds in rapid grow plugs which are planted high in a 5 " peat pot which is planted high in a 7 gallon smart pot. I start em all together at the same time.

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck, Im so paranoid about the roots getting thru I put holes in my peat pots that are in the bigger pots to make it easier for roots to get out.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hindsight I think I would’ve done it differently, have had several of those moments since I started it this growing thing. His plants that he grew doing this though looked good and the roots were crazy just going right through (picture he took after harvest). Makes sense since you hear about outdoor grows where the roots go straight through the smart pot into the ground. Try it and learn I suppose, I feel like watering is weird since there’s two pots there. Last two waterings took a half gallon before I got run off, which seemed high but they were dry looking a light 72 hours later...

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto buddy there alot I'll do diffrent next time too

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X