Old couple need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old couple need advice.

I need to help my wife. She suffers every awake hour do to acute rheumatoid arthritis,her back feels like it’s on fire and other pains. She smokes cigarettes but has never smoked pot but wants to. She is 78 I’m 86. Therefore, I’m not as hep as you younger folks. We own our own home with 1.2 acres land in north western South Carolina. We need advice on seeds and weather to grow indoors or out. In advance we thank you, we anxiously await your reply
    Erwin and Shelba

First is it legal in Carolina if not inside is safest if u are in the country with no risk of people seeimg ur garden then outside is the cheapest way to go there are alot of great tutorials and helpful people here on GWE and this site also recommends reputable seed breeders

Comment

I'll personally go through some tutorial and post links on this thread for you o hope I've helped so far

Comment

Seedsman is a good seed breeder u can put thier name in google and find them seeds aren't cheap and take a bit to arrive unless ur in a legal state then they're easy to find

Comment

At the top left hand of ur page you'll see 3 horizontal lines tap on that them scroll down too grow basics that's what taught me how to grow i sent u a pic of what to do

Comment

Comment

A strain to look for is grape ape it is very sedating for sleep and helps ease pain. It's a great strain.
              1.5x3x5 virtual sun grow tent
              Oppolite 315 LEC
              4" 190 cft. Exhaust with carbon filter.
              1 candy kush express using general hydroponics and botanicare
              1 candy kush express using advanced nutriants iguana line.

Both will be using hydrogaurd and botanicare sweet.

Comment

• Boco2017
                Boco2017 commented
                Editing a comment
                And another great strain is yetti it's really uplifting and great for pain however finding it is difficult but we'll worth it if you can I think it's bread by NorCal collective and loompa farms.

I use Baked Brothers THC syrup works for me!

Comment

I am thinking of your age and u are going to want to plan this out.
                soil or hydro. I would go hydro pump the water in and out for res changes or a system like GanjaGed uses. He has a wonderful set up that does not require alot of mobility.
                soil requires u to lug heavy bags of soil around.

As far as strains go i think indica will be good for your wife. Go on seedsman use the strain finder.

How much u need to grow will tell u your tent and light size. Or if u only have so much space in your house.

I hope this helps you and yea read gwe from top to bottom there is so much info on there it's unreal.

and ask questions we love to help on this forum
                Last edited by abadtrip; 11-15-2017, 01:38 PM.
                It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I never thought of thier age good call

Hey erwin and shelby welcome to the fourm. For growing u have a couple options and ill help you find what works better for you either growing indoor or outside. Also check out this website https://www.leafly.com/explore this will help you pick a strain that best suites ur needs, as all strains are different and used for different condistions. Here is two examples

Comment

I would say first off,talk to some friends and/or relatives even the hippy down the street. There is no longer the bad rep. that used to come with
                  "the weed" Someone will help you get some,don't be afraid to ask. that will give your bride and yourself a chance to try some and see if it helps, if you like it then decide if you want to learn to grow.Which is the best of all options...... We'll all be here for you! I truly hope she can find some relief with it. Keep after it, because it does work.

Comment

Growing indoor per plant, an average of 1-1.5 oz's per plant once dryed for a new grower. Unless u have a sealed and light proof room u will want a grow tent for 2 people to smoke confortably u will want a space of 4feet x 4feet x6feet tall grow space. (cost for a tent this size $200) I advice useing a spare room or closet. Once u find a strain I would recomend growing autoflowers as they have a lot less problems! For your lights u will need a 600w hid with enclosed fixture($300) or leds ($600). You will need 2 cheap fans ($60). Then temp/ relitive humidity meters ($20) ull need s source of co2 exhale bags work great ($40) then ull need pots and soil I use promix and find its perfect I also use fabric pots way faster growth. ($15soil $5 per fabric pot) nutrients choose a well known brand emerald harvest, advanced nutrients, remo or cyco nutrients. ($200) if u can buy on ebay or amazon its cheaper for everything. I use emerald harvest 3part and I love it! Then a pk booster cheap ones are moab or bud booster 50/34 ($50) then the cost for seeds. You can grow with cfl light bulbs but I dont recomend it as your final yeilds are very low and not really worth the time. Total cost for indoor without a tent is $700 to get started then it will be $250 each grow for 4 plants. The best part of growing indoor is u have a lot less issues zero to no bugs no animals eating ur crop u can controll the temp and humidity wind. U have better controll to grow more /higher quality without issues. But it cost a lot! More because ur power bill will go up because ur looking at 700-800 watts per hour extra.

Comment

Growing outside is way cheaper $250 for nutrients and $100 for wood and fenceing to keep the deer from eating ur crop $50 on bug prevencion. If growing outside make sure theres no trees as the trees will shade ur cannabis and stunt the growth. I sugest autoflowers for outside as u will have a harvest in 10weeks instead of 4-5months with normal seeds. Photos only flower with 12/12 where autos flower when there ready to. If u grow outdoors make sure to get silica it thickens the cell walls of the plant and makes it harder for bugs to eat ur plant.
                      Last edited by tyler_ hobbyist; 11-15-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

U guys are great kudos

Comment

U guys are great kudos i was gonna do my best but they really need more experienced ppl

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X