No announcement yet.

First serious grow. 4 weeks old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey. Must tell you that I am inspired. your grow looks awesome. i am a first timer and a month behind you, using a living soil (store bought) and only have a 300 W LED and felt like mine were far behind after looking at other posts. Hearing all the compliments means you are on the ball, and when i look at comparable time, I am only somewhat behind you - made my day. Seeing how nice yours are gives me hope that mine will work out too. Nice posts - and all the best.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Why thanks bootsy and good luck! I’ve uploaded some pictures of them. I think they are going to recover from the light blip. I hope so anyway. So here are some pics!
      Currently working in soil, my own mix
      4x4 tent, with 1200w (~500true watt) LEDs
      Growing Lemon Kush Headband right now
      quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        very sweet and full looking. and it doesnt look like you have removed too many leaves. i am now struggling with what to remove on mine.

• Ebreadbin
        Ebreadbin commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi bootsy. Yes I struggled with how much to remove too. In the end I chickened out of manifolding, but I chose a picture of what I wanted it to look like (from this site of course), and went from there. It really is amazing how much they recover. If you are willing to give them time. I’m looking forward to getting auto flowers next time and go a bit faster. I noticed the girls putting forth their first little hairs last night. Teeny tiny, but there. Happy happy 😃

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent work.

Good morning all. It’s cold as all get out here. Snow is in the ground and we are just coming out of a serious cold snap. The temperature is a bit chilly in the basement but so far not affecting the girls too much. I never thought that I would be concerned with the cold when growing but these LEDs don’t put out much heat at all. I’ve got them off the floor by a little bit, and have insulation plans for when I can get under the tent again. Well I finally had the courage to pull them out under the regular lights and have a good hard look at what happened when they were subjected to the intense flowering lights for too long. And took some pictures. I think the verdict is that it may not be too bad. You can see the difference in the colour but they seem to be bouncing back. You can see it much clearer when they are under the LEDs actually but it doesn’t show up when I take pictures. It pretty much matches the pictures I see in association with light stress. Maybe a little zinc deficiency but that would be the light issue too. My next step will be to give them just a weak tea of nutrients to boost what they have from the soil. I can see that they are starting to get hungry. I have the general hydroponic line, bought their complete box so I have everything I think I might need. It is unlikely that I am going to get any other nutrients that are special, I want to use the liquids as a supplement, not main food. So pictures. Anyway, any comments or suggestions would be welcome. I think I can handle it 🙂. Morning all!
      quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Comment

• Ebreadbin
        Ebreadbin commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh thanks DAAS! I’m one of those overly critical people so this reassurance is extremely appreciated. I’m so excited to see the little hairs appearing. The count down has begun. I’m so looking forward to the next month or so. Have a good day.

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with D.A.A.S.69 They look great.

• Ebreadbin
        Ebreadbin commented
        Editing a comment
        Why thank you Dutchman, I really do appreciate it. I mixed up my water with the nutrients last night and gave them a little taste. Kind of an appetizer, lol. I made sure it was so so weak, and will adjust from here. Have to be mindful of the nutrients still in the soil and not give them lockout or burn them. Good day!

Such a good day. Great day at work and I come home to some fine looking plants. They are growing so fast it’s kind of scary. They look pretty good still. I’ve given them the weak solution with a good watering. I’m going to give them a tiny bit of training as I want them to utilize the tomato cages I put in. I can see the flowers starting, little hairs growing. Such a fascinating experience. I’m going to try to take pictures of a baby bud tomorrow. Have a good night all.

Comment

Well good evening. I don’t have much to say other than I have a couple of pictures for you. So beautiful and starting to smell a bit more. Lovely.

Comment

• Bootsy
          Bootsy commented
          Editing a comment
          so cool. !!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you, some were so pretty I hated to cut them down, seriously.

• Ebreadbin
          Ebreadbin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all. I’m visiting my mother so am having some anxiety over not being able to see them for two days Lol! However it’s been reported that they are still doing well. The tea I made up for them seems to be helping, so I’ll keep it up. Enjoy your day everyone.

Thanks to this months newsletter from this site, I ordered some seeds for my next grow from Seedsman. Quite pleased with the process so far. I will be getting some green crack autos, and some stardawg autos and they threw in 4 free seeds. The 4 free ones are photos but I have at least two grows worth of seeds now. I’m stoked! Can’t wait to see them show up. I am extremely lucky in that I’m fully legal to grow where I am. It takes a butt load of paperwork and bullshit, but to me it helps me rest easier. I’m using pure water for the girls for the next few days. My partner watered them while I was visiting mom, and I don’t know if I would have fed them the tea infused water. They have a bit of burn, so I’m going to back down and allow it to weaken even further in the soil. It’s not bad at all but you can see they are hot. All in all not too bad. Fixable for sure. On the lighter side, I can see so many hairs on the girls and where we are going to have the big main colas. I have to haul them out of the tent tonight and trim out some of those leaves that don’t get any light at all. There are some that are clearly suffering so to speak and I don’t want the plant to waste more energy trying to keep them alive. So I’ll take some pictures in the regular light. Till then, have a great day all.

Comment

• BlueBudz
          BlueBudz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya, I didn’t know until after my order. But next time!!! 👍

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning EB, can't wait to see the pictures, good luck with your new seeds. If you would have used Bitcoin you would have got at least 10 more free seeds, but Bitcoin want take my card.

• Ebreadbin
          Ebreadbin commented
          Editing a comment
          True bluebudz 😎. I almost used bitcoin DAAS, but I’m a little hesitant stil. I’m reserving judgment on whether or not I want to utilize the service. I have a roughly tennis ball sized bakers cyst in my knee that prevented me from looking in on the girls tonight (down stairs). Most days I get around ok, but cold AND damp? Forget about it... One of my mates did it for me, so pictures will be tomorrow when I can see them again. Have a good night all, I’m off to take my green medicine.

Picture time! I’m just so pleased with the progress. Now that the buds are starting to grow, I can see how well I did topping them. The one plant is pretty even, but I am confident that I’ll get better from here. I particularly like the close up one. The beautiful hairs starting. Good evening everyone, have a wonderful evening.

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lots of bud sites. Looking good but a little yellow. Your not overwatering are you?

• Ebreadbin
          Ebreadbin commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think so Dutchman. I do let them go until I see they need it and feel the weight of my pots and the top inch. That excessive light stress for 5 days is when the yellowing started. I can see that there are some nutritional issues that are starting to show. I’ve got a bit of the nitrogen claw happening. Very minor right now but I’m going to do some research and take pictures for diagnostic purposes. Little scary, but I know help is in this community. Thanks for commenting Dutchman, have a good night. ✌️

Hello EB, they have come a long ways since your first pictures. A little light damage, not bad at all, but other than that look great, some molasses, teas, would be great.
        Your doing a great job.Keep it up!!!
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Good morning all. And thanks DAAS! I’m quite proud of my progress so far, and have learned so so much. I’ve been watching the girls and reading this site all weekend. I believe the ph is off at the roots. The yellow is not spreading but I see other signs that my ph is too low at my roots. I’m noticing a bit of pink on some of my inner lower leaves, and a few other little things that when I add them up, spells a ph problem (I believe). I’ve tended to ph my water a bit low, and I think it’s biting me in the ass. I don’t water to much run off, due to the soils I’m using, but clearly it’s time to verify ph, flush and give them some food. Funny, I find the LEDs almost like an X-ray for the plants. I can see problems on the leaves much more clearly under the lights versus under the white lights of the room. I’ve got to haul them out to get the colas ready to lean on the tomato cages tonight. I’ll try to take some pics. They have so many hairs now. I can see the crystals starting to form at the tippy top. According to my time table, I’ve got roughly 3 more weeks and can start checking for readiness. Decided on coco coir for my next grow. My seeds are being packed so all is going to schedule. Exciting days ahead. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning EB, you can't go wrong with coco, good luck.

Good morning everyone. Things are moving along. I watered the girls the other day, and checked my run off for ph. Know nothing yet. As in, the ph came out what it went in. So, I did some more reading. And then I am pretty sure I read just about every article this site has published. Again. And can unequivocally state that these plants truly are forgiving and will do anything in its power to stay alive. While I was watering them, obviously, I don’t think I was doing it well. Or correctly. So without going into embarrassing details, I am correcting this. They are responding positively in some respects. More positive than negative which is great. They are hungry but we were having lock out issues. Some nice food for them on the menu soon, and pictures for sure. Pictures tonight actually. I opened the tent last night and was hit with a beautiful stinky cloud of leafy skunky wonderfulness. Have a good day all. Remember, it’s a much better day with you in it. ✌️

Comment

As promised, more pictures. I’m trying to hide most of the damage but they are still doing fairly well. I am feeding them now and I have a slight problem with the ph, but I’ll correct it if I can. Good night all.

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              They seem to be doing better. Nice pics.

Hello everyone. Thanks Dutchman, yes they are doing well! The buds are filling in just lovely now. I’ve got on my timetable that I can start checking them for harvest in roughly two weeks. They are smelling up the tent now and sparkles are starting to spread down over the leaves. Watering them properly and adding some nutrients gave them a much needed boost. I’ve learned so very much, and it never fails to amaze me how much there is to learn yet. It’s the part I like the most. My partner doesn’t understand what I mean when I say that I will do things so differently next grow than this time. He sees progress and doesn’t allow that everything changes with every grow. That plants are living things and that changes everything. My thoughts anyway. Pictures as well, they are the usual led purple but looking so so pretty. I was worried that three plants would be a pitiful grow again, but I am quite satisfied at the spread. Good night all.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
              RosettaStoned commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful plants!

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think its going to be longer than two weeks. Im thinking three to four maybe more. Those buds will fatten up significantly. You have a nice setup with many bud sites. Theres no reason they shouldnt be prize winning buds if you give em time.

• Ebreadbin
              Ebreadbin commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Dutchman. I agree with you completely. It seems hard to believe that they will get bigger, I’ve never gotten them this big already. It’s been small larfy buds so far. It’s going to be so hard not to want to take them down before they are ready. I’m letting them dry out properly after so long improperly watering them. It’s a little unnerving to see them droop but they will be watered this evening. Nutrients are on the menu for dinner! I’ll take some pics too.

I was looking at the pictures this morning. When the plants were growing, and small I decided to try three different ways of topping to see them through the grow. Looking at that last picture, you can see the three fairly different ways. Clearly the one I pretty much manifolded, has the most colas, but has fewer fan leaves to feed on. I’m going to try very hard to keep the plants separated after harvest and see what difference it made to the final product. Each plant was treated identically otherwise and from the same seed pack. The only closer I can get is from the same plant. But this should do. The next grow is with autos so my nerdy little mind is going to have a blast with the study between the two, which is better etc, etc. Have a great weekend if you get some time to do what you enjoy. Have a great weekend even if you have to work. 😎

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello EB, plants look great, you ain't seen nothin yet, the last 2-3 weeks
              ,the buds will double in size again !!!
              PS- really a nice journal.

DAAS you make my day. Thank you ☺️
            so I mixed up a batch of nutrients and gave them a good healthy watering tonight. I’m like a proud parent cooing over some eggs waiting to hatch, (hmmm, or waiting for flowers to grow) lol. I’ve also got some pictures. I don’t think I’m going to be able to haul them out of the tent as often anymore. It only means purple pictures every once in a while. The one close up is beautiful if I do say so myself. Good evening all, I’m off for my medication and meditation.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful my friend, nothin better than medication an meditation

Good evening everyone. The days feel long but I’m still seeing growth in the buds so I sit on my hands. Gave them a bit of molasses in the water, but am down to flushing I think. Some pictures tonight. Rose coloured of course. Those suckers are heavy lol. Not coming out from under the lights very often anymore. Have a good night all. ✌️

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice bud development.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice, EB, Good job, pretty buds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X