No announcement yet.

First serious grow. 4 weeks old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture time. Babies are just shy of 6 weeks old. They are finally starting to get a little higher. Started lst the little one. She’s got a wonky limb, there was a fan leaf all tangled up with her. I trimmed it and we shall see if it helps. She’s a runt but I have room for now so I’ll keep her and learn from her. Anyway, quite pleased with the progress so far. Good night all.
    Currently working in soil, my own mix
    4x4 tent, with 1200w (~500true watt) LEDs
    Growing Lemon Kush Headband right now
    quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Comment

Morning friends. Pictures again tonight, but couldn’t resist a little update. I’ve decided that they are happy healthy growing girls, and I’ve gained some confidence. I have planned to treat each girl a little different from her sisters. I’ll point them out tonight when I post pictures. One I’ve topped twice, one I’ve topped once, trimmed and am doing lst, and one I’ve just topped and done very light training on. They were looking good but I always get a little feeling in the pit of my stomach (for just a second mind you) as I’m unzipping the tent, that I’m going to see some horrible bug or something wrong with the girls. I’ve had so little success so far. Even if they don’t succeed to harvest, the experience, invaluable.
      so now they grow. I’m not going to do anything to them unless I need to. Respond to them obviously, but MUST resist meddling. I’ve got planns to flip the switch on Christmas Eve, kind of a little present for us here. I’ve been thinking about names as well, lol. I can’t keep calling them babies, or the girls. They are three very different plants. Interesting that they are all the same kind of seed, and have some things in common, but they are hybrids so cool to see how the differences show themselves.
      quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Comment

Picture time! I’m quite pleased with everything so far. If my luck holds, I’ll have some smokable product mid winter. While I had my nose close to them the other day I could smell the faint whiff of that beautiful perfume. Lovely.

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking very healthy, indeed!

• Ebreadbin
          Ebreadbin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks aloner, my passion for this new hobby of mine is outgrowing my plants abilities to grow so patience is quickly becoming a mantra. My space may eventually allow for a smal starter area, but I’m a loooong way away from starting more. So I wait and dream, and plot and plan...

So, the other day, as I was checking in on my girls, I decided to put a piece of equipment that was sitting unused in the corner into place. When I water them, I’ve always agitated the shit out of the water to oxygenate it, give them an extra shot of O2. Well why not throw my air stone into my bucket while I’m at it instead? After I let my latest bucket o water sit for a day to evaporate any chlorine (I use local tap water), and ph’d it, I threw the bubbler in. As much as I want to check on them, I make it a strict rule to only check on them once a day. I can’t see any difference in them if I peek too often. The one I topped a second time seems to be responding well. I’m going to do some training tonight, so will get some pics in natural light. I can’t wait to see them, but they sleep well. Have a good day all, look forward to what today brings.

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I might be mistaken but I believe I read that running an air stone will change the pH. Hopefully someone who knows one way or the other can weigh in.

• Ebreadbin
          Ebreadbin commented
          Editing a comment
          Good morning aloner, yes I believe I read that too. I will check on it when I see them tonight and let you know. Thanks for reminding me 😎

So, I measured the ph again when I gave my dose of water, and the air stone increased the ph by a wee bit. Still in the safe zone thankfully, and I vary my ph levels ever so slightly each time, so no worries. Something watch out for so I don’t go too acidic. Thanks again Aloner. A couple of pictures. I’ve discovered I suck at picture taking, but have a good one of the middle one under the living room lights. Pretty. Night all

Comment

Hello Ebreadbin, my friend your Lemon Kush Headband is beautiful, your doing great with your plant training too. Everything looks great to me, I'm also using tap water with 2 bubblers, my water is 8.2-8.3 PH before bubbling an after a couple of days of bubbling is still 8.2-8.3. I can't tell any difference. But your doing a great job ,keep it up, it is fun isn't it.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Ebreadbin
            Ebreadbin commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the kind words. It’s early days yet, but I’m just so very pleased with my progress so far. I will be so happy to have anything for harvest, but the two mantras I try to recite are patience, and experience. We’ve managed a little over an ounce once and just about an ounce on a few grows now. Every time I learn, and as my thread says, it’s my first serious indoor experience. Love indoor gardening. Live in the city for now but own a piece of property with the family that I’ll inherit in a decade or so. I love to keep myself occupied dreaming of how much fun I’m going to have with acres of room, for a greenhouse, and a basement designed for growing plants (my mother grows too, and plans ahead as I do), and room to move and breath... ah well, back to reality. Good morning DAAS, I’ve read many comments from you over the months. It pleases me to get one from you. ✌️

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning Ebreadbin, Yes sir, it is still early but there is NO doubt in my mind that you are going to make it to harvest with the LHbKush, and trust me on this, you'll get lots more than an oz.
            I wish I had a place like the one your are going to have in the near future, that must be nice, anyway your doing great, keep up the good work.
            You really need to think about trying a few autoflowers next, they grow so much faster than photos, but still anyway, your doing great.

• Ebreadbin
            Ebreadbin commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah life, she takes me away from my fun. Please, if you read this, call me EB. Easier than typing the whole thing,
            They are starting to grow like stink now. So glad they do grow as fast as they do or I’d be even crazier than I am now, lol
            Anyway DAAS, it’s my first experience with photos. I’m going to try auto again next time. I’m fairly certain that I needed to slow down and learn how to do it from scratch, so to speak. Allow time for error and experiments , judge how much time it takes etc. One mistake with the auto and you can screw a plant pretty quick. We’ve all been there. Morning all.

Good morning my friends. I’m going to hold off taking pictures tonight, but I’ll take some tomorrow when I do a bit of training. I appear to have a fairly flat canopy going on, so just allowing myself the amazement of seeing how much they grow in a couple days. I’ll be able to raise the lights on them tonight or tomorrow. I think the girls are happiest about 20 inches away from my LEDs. I’ve still got about 12 inches of vegetative room, so the race is on. I want to flip them on Christmas Eve. Early is fine, but that’s the latest I want to leave it. They are almost 7 weeks old now. Now that my confidence grows as quickly as they do, I’m going back to autos, but the learning experience has been invaluable. Make it a fun day, it’s Friday!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good morning EB, Can't wait to see your next pictures, yes indeed, they grow super fast at that age.Keep it up.

Good afternoon all. My girls were looking lovely today. They needed water but I only gave them a little. The air stone is making the water funky somewhat. So I dumped my water and scrubbed the pail an I’ll be right as rain in a day or so. It was cloudy and the air stone was scaley. The ph was off by a significantly higher level than I left it. No air stone this time and I’ll do my usual aeration with my slotted spoon. Not sure what happened.
          So here are some pictures. The only thing I did was take a couple of large fan leaves that were completely buried under growth and were getting no light at all.
          Three weeks today and I’m flipping them to flower. They smell so lovely when I get near them. Intoxicating it is.
          Have a great day all.

Comment

Good morning all! I looked in on them last night. They don’t seem to have any issues with the little bit of water I gave them the other night. This water is much better without the air stone in it. I’ll check them for needing watering tonight. I’ve got one picture today, as I was musing at it, it strikes me how much technology advances and how quickly. I got a great system just a year ago and already there are better, stronger lights out there. I’m not upgrading until I need to, which (fingers crossed) won’t be for a long time. I wonder if the pics I take in the tent when they hit flower will not be so purple lol. They are actually a beautiful green colour, getting lush and taller every day. I’ll post a couple pictures in another day or two. Have a fun day everyone, it will be a good day with you in it.

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning EB, I llove your ladies!! They are flawless. As far as better photos.. if your using a smartphone turn the flash “on” not “auto” this will help offset the LED colour. Also if you tap the screen right before taking the pic it will focus and adjust light settings in that area for a better quality shot!

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Also what light are you using? What is the actual wattage consumption? They seem to love it

• Ebreadbin
              Ebreadbin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the compliment and the tip! I’ll take more pictures tomorrow night or Friday. Just raised the light a wee bit. It’s a 1200 w, mars pro II. True draw is about 500 or so according to the website. They like it about 18 to 21 inches away, and yes they are rather pretty. Good night bluebudz

Hello EB, they are beautiful, LEDs in my opinion grow the prettiest plants of all the different types of lights. They don't seem to to any harm or damage to the plants unless the leds are to close.
            A properly placed LED just grows beautiful plants, that's all it is to it, plants love leds, most beautiful color green ever. Great Job EB.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Ebreadbin
              Ebreadbin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the compliment DAAS. They are coming in rather lovely. Good night ✌️

Good evening all! Things are still moving along. They won’t be quite as high as I hoped I think but there is what, two weeks till Christmas Eve and I flip them to flower. They are 8 weeks old today. There is still time for upward movement before the flowering stretch hits. I’ve got some room for it, so want to take advantage of the space. Better pictures today, and I’m sure it will improve from here. That flash technique works well. have an excellent evening all. I’m off to look at Christmas lights.

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              They look so.... awesome!

• Ebreadbin
              Ebreadbin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks bluebudz, they are doing well 👍

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              They are coming along nicely EB, keep up the good work, and you will be loving them even more come harvest time....

Good evening everyone. The girls are still doing well. my water was reacting a bit to the spoon I was using to agitate the water. So away with that utensil!
            They’re a bit thirsty but my water needs to sit for a day before I use it. I wasn’t about to water them with a gross looking film on top of the water.
            We’re working on different ways to get the light less purple and the quality better but we are only as good as our cameras. We aren’t state of the art kind of people lol.
            Anyway. Here are some pretty pictures. I’ll update again in a few days. And thanks DAAS, I’m quite encouraged this time. growth is coming along, they’re going upwards and nice and healthy.
            Have a fun night all.

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang!!

Hello everyone! Sorry for not posting but I don’t want to be obsessive or post too often. I have some Picts. They are 8 and a half weeks from seed, and we flip to flower in a few short days, on Christmas Eve. If you celebrate, please have a good holiday season! If you celebrate a different holiday, please have a good holiday season! It’s cold and wet where I am, but it’s a beautiful green in my basement. 😁✌️

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful EB, they are really looking nice.

• Ebreadbin
              Ebreadbin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks DAAS! I had to readjust my thinking as they are drinking more water but they are looking so good. They got seriously droopy one day, but no harm done. I’m excited to switch them this weekend. It’s only a flip switch but so symbolic you know. Starts the count down. I’m looking for light leaks and have my black duct tape for my fan light. My dehumidifier has a light but it’s green. I read somewhere that green light won’t make them revert to veg, but I don’t think I’m taking any chances. Have a good day all.

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking great !

Well I switched the girls to flower on Christmas Day. I’m just so very pleased with the progress on them so far. I know a few things to do differently next time but over all I’m ready to go with a shorter veg time, probably autos, and more of them. This crop will be one step closer to becoming independent with my meds, something I strive for. I’m going to take more pictures tonight, we’ll see whether the difference in lights shows a different picture. I hope if you celebrated a holiday, that it was a good one. Have a good day all. Cheers ✌️

Comment

Oh dear. No pictures today...so embarrassed. So the switch to flower went according to plan - or so I thought. I switched over on Christmas Day instead of Eve, merrily going along for a couple of days doing my daily checks. Boxing Day is fine, the 27th, hmm my plants look a bit stressed but growing well since the switch. Ok, I’ll keep an eye on them. Then the 28th. Ok still a bit stressed but nothing I can pinpoint. Yesterday morning I went to the basement. This would be during their bedtime. Trying to work with the natural light and get what I needed. I’m so paranoid about light leakage that everyone in the house let’s me know when they even go near the basement, lol. They’re well protected. Anyway, I see the glow of my lights when the should be sleeping. Curious, I’m checking out the timer and my stomach starts to get that sensation....oh frickin frack... the timer got switched to ON instead of auto. The flowering lights have been on 24/7 for days. So I fixed that right quick, and last night the girls showed up looking pretty sorry for themselves. They look light stressed. I’ll work up the nerve to take pics and receive my due recriminations. I feel like a complete dope. The tops of them are pretty pale. They are droopy. BUT... they were very healthy before, so I’m hoping they recover given time. Have a good day everyone. I tend to work during the holidays but I have three days off. In. A. Row. Very very excited.

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Pot plants can be so resilient. I pray yours make an amazing comeback.

• Ebreadbin
                Ebreadbin commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Dutchman. They should be fine. I finally have everything just so and am trying to let rhe girls grow up more to the lights. My LEDs website says I can go 12 to 16” away, which is quite a bit closer than when in veg. I’m taking things slower with them for a bit because of the stress, but they are growing up and out like good girls. Have a god night.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X