First serious grow. 4 weeks old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First serious grow. 4 weeks old

Hey, my first post, several pitiful grows in, and this is my first successful seed start. I just transplanted yesterday and they grew about 2 inches in about 24 hours. I’m a nerd so have been studying for months while gathering everything I thought I could do with this grow. Lemon Kush Headband from Humboldt Seeds. Mars pro II led 1200 . Growing in a concoction of soils and worm casting. Quite honestly I’m just watching the girls and listening to them right now. They were root bound in their pots before, so I need to let them recover before doing something else to them. The Picts are funny lighting due to the LEDs. They seem happy and healthy. This is seriously the best I’ve done so far, and counting every day as great experience and I’m learning so much! Especially on this site.
    Anyway, these are my three girls, about 4 weeks old, been topped, well the front two.
    I’m new at this and hardly ever post, please be gentle 😁. Thinking of starting a grow journal?
    Currently working in soil, my own mix
    4x4 tent, with 1200w (~500true watt) LEDs
    Growing Lemon Kush Headband right now
    quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Well, Congratulations! Your girls look happy & healthy and look forward to your progress. Welcome to da forum ! You should continue this thread as your 1st grow journal!

Comment

Evening E, looks to me like you have been growing awhile, Good job, they are pretty, and welcome to GWE.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Welcome, Ebb, yes indeed, they do look healthy!! Being a study nerd is a GOOD THING!!!
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thank you for making my day so far! I check on the girls daily but after work so get extra anxious every evening about an hour left in my shift lol! I love watching every step of their progress. The lights are very powerful, I’m looking forward to seeing in action during a full front to back grow. Trying to decide what to read next, any suggestions? I’m immersed in a couple of grow journals, but have read almost every article here, and Ryan Riley’s book front to back. Have a lot of time left before harvest, and have discovered a passion for this that was a bit unexpected but welcome 😍
          quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            And that is exactly how so many of us feel!! This "hobby" (really more of a devotion or a calling) has brought so much joy to my life and it totally counterbalances the stress of my job. I seek all different kinds of knowledge all over the web, depending on what i've become interested in: over the summer and into this fall I did a lot of research on CBD, tinctures, oils, etc., because I'm ready to proceed to that next step for me: making medicines. As you face challenges, you will discover what to research. For example, on my 5th grow (just finished harvesting today), I had a plant hermie on me for the first time. So now I'm really interested in knowing more in depth what happends to a female plant that's been pollinated. AND how to avoid this problem in the future!!! ;-}

Nice looking girls.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

So, I’ve decided to do a grow journal. I’m getting my staking structure in place , and topped my third girl. I’ll take pictures when they get over the transplant shock, and I have something to show you. They are coming up on 5 weeks old and about half of the height I want them before I flip. Such a fun experience

Comment

And now I have a forum question? What do I need to do to make a grow journal? Just continue with this thread, or do something else?

Comment

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                You can just keep going in this thread.

I agree use this thread, I'm already subbed! LoL

Comment

Perfect, thanks! Was hoping it was just that easy. After reading, research and much thought, I have decided to use trimmed tomato cages as my support system. I’m putting them in place this weekend so will also get some pictures in natural light. They are so pretty and green right now. I think I’m in love.

Comment

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's how it starts lol

Good evening! Growing 3 Lemon Kush Headband right now. They are 5 weeks old now and grow with LEDs. Had some disastrous results in the past, and these girls are by far the healthiest I’ve had so far. It’s my first experience with a photo grow. I’ve gotten, like, grams off my auto flowers so successful harvest to me means an ounce or two. Anyway, as promised, a couple of pictures of my one girl. Put the modified tomato cage on and tied her down a bit. Not perfect, but a decent start. Have a good rest of your weekend!

Comment

• AbsolTHC
                  AbsolTHC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking very nice! It’s amazing to see how quickly Cannabis grows under high powered leds, it took me two months old for these results with cfls. The FIMing and lst look quite nice also, that’s my favorite way to start off a plant, it’ll really help with yield. Just remember not to top them at least 10 days before flower as it may actually decrease possible yield and you’ll be golden as long as keep doing what you’re doing. You’ll definitely have a couple ozs or more with that monster you have dangling above them. Best of luck Bread!
                  -Absol

• Ebreadbin
                  Ebreadbin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Absol, that reassures me. I was worried that they were small and under developed. I have less than zero time sense, so need to rely on my phone alarms and calendar to remind me that they are young yet. Of course, I just put them in big pots so they seem especially small. Cheers!

First grows always feel like they’ve been in longer this sausage fest is about 2 1/2 months, my FIMed one might be an inch or two taller due to not tying it down but I’m glad I didn’t waste the effort to do so lol 2 of the pics are probably more around 2 months. But regardless 6 weeks under cfl then transplanted and thrown outside. Happy growing bread!!
                -Absol

Comment

Morning all. So they are looking great after the light stress training, pretty much all pointed upward again. I’ve got loads of growth on one girl, so did a light defoliation to allow the light to reach some of these sites. I think I’m going to need to put up a picture as I want some advice on how to best treat her sites and if I even need to top her again. I’ve not had this much growth success before, so not sure and know everyone steps up on this forum. It’s a truly beautiful thing man.
                  they are in darkness now so will take my pictures tonight. Make the most of the day everyone, you only get this one.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To me, it's amazing how quickly they correct themselves and point upwards. Highly intelligent plants...

Hello my friends. I’ve done my days work, and was finally able to visit my babies. Best part of my day for sure! Still looking good I think. I’m letting them dry out as I was over watering them. So, without further ado, here are a couple of pictures. 😎. Looking for advice on the oldest one, on the right. A total new grower question. All those groupings of leaves in the middle is a potential cola right? I did some light defoliation on it yesterday and it seems to have made her happier. All those were hidden, and now look pretty clear. I’m trying to figure out what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated. As in... do I top them again, just try to cultivate what I have, or something I haven’t thought of?
                  these are Lemon Kush Headband, grown in a mix of soils and amendments, for a kind of poor homemade super soil, under a 1200w led beauty.
                  have a great night and green dreams ✌️

Comment

Good morning! Tonight is picture night, but here’s an assumption that I would love to have confirmed? I should mention that this is my first real attempt to grow anything, not just my green life saving babes. I have plastic house plants, for now. Maybe my new green thumb will spill over.
                    Aside from a little spurt when I transplanted them (which I now realize was mostly just upturned leaves, lol)...
                    they’re getting wider but not really taller yet. My assumption is that the growth is all in the roots, as they branch out to fill the new space they have been given, and the wider growth is part of that process, correct? Once the roots have generally done filling the spot, they’ll get a little taller?
                    thanks all, there are just some questions you can feel silly asking out loud. It’s been many years since I’ve taken plant biology, but I think that is what makes sense to me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X